CAG/CLS- Bonus pack-stupid me

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rockstar
xr

CAG/CLS- Bonus pack-stupid me

Post by Rockstar » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 15:46

Sorry, I would of posted this in the Bonus Pack explanation of CAG/CLS... but that topic is locked.
Can someone please help me?
I am a dummy and still confused here:

I have trained up a pilot for over a week now, and think he is at highest level. I cannot figure out how to make him :
1: GOTO Complex Hub
2: Load XX amount of fuel then Load max Stott spices
3: Sell max price stott spices within 5 jump radius
4: Goto 1.

(I can figure out 1,2,4...but not sure on #3)

can someone either point me to the exact step thread for this process or please explain in stupid terms for me?

thanks a ton in advanced!
Rock

Grape
x3ap

Post by Grape » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 16:22

I take it that the pilot is trained as CAG/CLS and not ST/UT as the two roles are not interchangable

1. You need to homebase the CAG pilot to the complex that is providing the materials (fuel and stott). That way he will alwys operate from there and return there if he has nothing to do/sell.

2. I take it the load XX fuel is for a jump drive use, if so then that can be adjusted in the CAG settings under jumpdrive settings/jumpdrive energy. Just input the amount you wnt him to refuel with after he has completed each run. As for the stott, this needs to be added to his ware list (ensure the "ware list type" has been changed from "Blackout" to "trade list") then go to the ware list, add ware and then stott, it should appear in the list of availabe stuff at your complex.

3. The pricing is all done from the adjust station parameters screen, set the price for sell stott as to where you want it to be and at the bottom the number of jumps/range you want to work at.

4. once the run is complete the pilot will return to the complex, fill up the deired amount of fuel, fill up on available stott and then start the whole thing again.

edit: guide here, a bit dated but still holds true http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=275924

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 18:21

First, define your pilot. A CAG needs no extra software installed on the ship, & once homebased will automatically buy & sell resources/products from its homebase. You don't need to tell it to refuel; it'll do that automatically at its homebase (although you may need to change the amount it'll automatically refuel if you've changed the homebase's jump range). You don't /need/ to specify wares to buy sell; it'll select them dependent upon its homebase's need/production (the option for blacklist is there for extra configuration in certain circumstances

A CLS will transfer your stuff around various stations, depending upon which version of the software you have installed. CLS1 only works between your stations, & requires the ship to be homebased; it'll refuel at its homebase automatically, like CAG above. CLS2 will work a fixed route between waypoints (can be any station, yours or NPC's; will buy, sell or transfer wares appropriately depending upon waypoint's owner & how you've set the command) & has the option 'refuel' that you have to set manually at appropriate waypoints; the amount of ecells it loads for fuel is defined in the jumpdrive menu, same as for the CAG or CLS1 above

Your bullet points indicate a CAG is the most appropriate setting for what you want to do; if you want to be more specific WRT waypoints etc a CLS2 will be more appropriate (but require more setup actions)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”