[TC] Revitalising the Terran Economy - Protein paste

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hemmingfish

[TC] Revitalising the Terran Economy - Protein paste

Post by Hemmingfish » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 18:27

Soup

I'm currently attempting to revitalise the Terran economy by using sector traders to get supplies moving, because the majority of their sectors look like this: http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/128326339-4.jpg

The only problem I've run into is that there is no building that produces protein paste in Terran space, but almost every building requires it. I haven't completed enough of the Hub plot to do the Aldrin plot for Terran stations to be buyable, so will the Terrans eventually place at least one of the mythical buildings or are they just going to crash and burn regardless of what I do, short of completing the Aldrin plot and building dozens of them for the Terrans?

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 19:15

I tend to start sector traders in Terran space as soon as posible. It keeps the factories runing and the trafic preatty high. If there is no protein paste factory and it's needed the GOD will pop one in the near future. Just supply it and make use if the high price diferences for profits.

Also, I tend to leave 2-3 ST in there even if they are on highest lvl. They keep the factories I want supplied so I can usually equip my new Terran ship in just two sectors. No need to travel to each EMPC Forge for the guns.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 19:37

Lea Flamma wrote: If there is no protein paste factory and it's needed the GOD will pop one in the near future. Just supply it and make use if the high price differences for profits.
Sorry, but this is not correct. There are no NPC protein paste fabs in Terran space, so GoD can not influence one to spawn. The demand for Protein Paste is 4x what Orbital Supply docks can pump out in X3TC, and is one of the main reasons why the Terran Economy falters. This may have been altered in X3AP.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 10:39

So I have to wait until after the Aldrin plot then. Dayum shayme.

Only 136,000 more Teladianium until the ore phase for the Hub!

X-Tie
x4

Post by X-Tie » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 12:40

Hemmingfish wrote: Only 136,000 more Teladianium until the ore phase for the Hub!
Don't get too excited - when you get to the Silicon and Microchip phases, you'll think how simple the Teladianium and Ore phases were :lol:

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 16:09

Honestly, "complicated" isn't my first thought when thinking about the hub plot. Impractically long and tedious comes closer. Also super-expensive.

It's the Nividium phase that has ME nervous. Never even seen a single unit of Nividium.

Rabiator der II.
x3ap

Post by Rabiator der II. » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 16:30

Spoiler
Show
IIRC there is some Nividium in an unknown sector in Paranid space, very deep in the south
I'm not quite sure though, as I've been playing modded for a while. The TOTT mod has Nividium in places where vanilla doesn't.
Gazz in the LT forum:
In X3, piracy is not implemented at all. All the "pirates" that fly around are bands of roaming psychopaths that destroy everything they see without even trying to loot anything.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 16:36

Imgran wrote:Honestly, "complicated" isn't my first thought when thinking about the hub plot. Impractically long and tedious comes closer. Also super-expensive.

It's the Nividium phase that has ME nervous. Never even seen a single unit of Nividium.
Start Treasure Hunt. The 2nd (IIRC) mission spawns a Niv 'roid for you to destroy; once you've done that there's enough debris left for you to start your own Niv remote mining operation
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 18:54

There are also known nividium rock deposits in
Spoiler
Show
Kingdom End (somewhere to the west, I believe) and in SE Scale Plate Green.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 22:04

Imgran wrote:Honestly, "complicated" isn't my first thought when thinking about the hub plot. Impractically long and tedious comes closer. Also super-expensive.

That's actually probably the easiest and least boring delivery in that whole plot. You actually get to DO something to deliver the goods.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Sat, 22. Jun 13, 05:14

Thought I'd post an update.

I've been shuffling resources and GOD has been busy deploying stations, there's enough work to keep 11 local traders busy now so hopefully it continues to grow.

The shadow missile fab in Saturn 3 has been replaced by an EMP rifle forge which seems to be doing better, Jupiter had a solar power plant XL deployed in a ridiculous location, Uranus and Neptune are both economic powerhouses, including Uranus 2 and 3 and Mars is pretty much self sufficient now.

Now to wait and see if it deploys a PSP forge somewhere.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”