X3: TC Argon Prime is empty!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zzyn
x3

X3: TC Argon Prime is empty!

Post by Zzyn » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 00:54

I left the game in SETA most of the day letting my traders do their work. I came back and every station in Argon Prime has been destroyed. Do they come back? Was it likely the Paranid? I saw a huge Paranid ship in the sector.

Thanks!
-Zzyn

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 00:59

The Primary stations will reappear, this is the danger of sitting in Seta you are not playing the game merely accumulating credits etc..

So you miss a chance to be involved at any level even if it involves R.S.C.L.A.G. events.

X3 Is about Immersion in the game sitting in seta you might as well go to work and leave the comp running in seta mode just to take a short cut.to funds.

But each to their own.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Zzyn
x3

Post by Zzyn » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 01:04

Heh.. I *did* go to work and leave it running in SETA to make credits. That's how this happened!

What is the abbreviation you just used? RSCLAG?

If it was the Paranid attacking the Argon, and I'm friends with both, would I even want to participate in that?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 01:14

It fell of the back of a lorry!

Run Screaming ? Like A Girl -- coined by eloquent DiD (Dead is dead) player.

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=217035]TC Cheat Stickie[/url] -- adding some credits to player account is much quicker and safer than letting the game run alone.

Zzyn
x3

Post by Zzyn » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 01:30

Aw.. I wouldn't dare use a cheat to get credits. Some days I come back to the start screen because I got killed by unknown forces. Other days? Argon Prime is wiped out. :-) I'm just glad the major factories will come back.

Love this game.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 04:41

The Paranid aren't at war with the Argon during TC, so it probably wasn't that. The sector may have been attacked by a heavy Kha'ak fleet, though.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 09:00

bizbag wrote:The Paranid aren't at war with the Argon during TC, so it probably wasn't that. The sector may have been attacked by a heavy Kha'ak fleet, though.
The Paranid are at war in TC, they frequently enter Argon space and start shooting up sectors. I had to move one of my TLs because an Oddy thought it would be fun to destroy Terracorp HQ.

Shoryn
x4

Post by Shoryn » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 11:42

But letting the game running in SETA doesn't make you lose tons of ranks ?

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 14:17

Normally, when a race invades another (Argon vs Paranid, Split vs Boron), they blow up a few ships, perhaps waste a station, then jump out when nothing's shooting back at them anymore.

When your ship is in the sector, they generally stick around and continue to lay waste to the entire sector. Your presence generally makes the situation a lot worse.

It sounds like the Paranid showed up in Argon Prime, and because your ship was sitting there in SETA, they never left. Eventually, that big Paranid capital ship may have been the sole survivor, everything else (both friend and foe) being killed off by the area effect PSGs.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 16:32

About the SETA eqploit. I wanted to recently check how much cash will my newly build complex produce. So I left the game on SETA for an hour. My account jumped a little (+1.2M). So I loaded a save from before the SETA and started doing my job, some plot missions. And after like 30-40 minutes of normal flying, mostly without SETA my account got +2.5M increase. Is the game making it impossible to farm cash on SETA? Or was it just a coincidance and my ST took much better offers? I have only 2 of them right now.

X-Tie
x4

Post by X-Tie » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 16:41

Lea Flamma wrote:About the SETA eqploit. I wanted to recently check how much cash will my newly build complex produce. So I left the game on SETA for an hour. My account jumped a little (+1.2M). So I loaded a save from before the SETA and started doing my job, some plot missions. And after like 30-40 minutes of normal flying, mostly without SETA my account got +2.5M increase. Is the game making it impossible to farm cash on SETA? Or was it just a coincidance and my ST took much better offers? I have only 2 of them right now.
Actually if you want to compare that, your complex should not be set to transfer funds automatically to your account. Then, you can compare between SETA and non-SETA. Your account balance could have been due to a number of other factors, such as missions, better ST deals, etc...

But why run SETA to get cash, in a game where cash is so easily obtained? I only ever use SETA to fly from A to B if I have nothing else to do during the journey (who doesn't have anything to do whilst flying after the first couple of hours of gameplay anyway??)

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 17:56

X-Tie wrote: But why run SETA to get cash, in a game where cash is so easily obtained?
:thumb_up:
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 18:54

Lea Flamma wrote:About the SETA eqploit. I wanted to recently check how much cash will my newly build complex produce. So I left the game on SETA for an hour. My account jumped a little (+1.2M). So I loaded a save from before the SETA and started doing my job, some plot missions. And after like 30-40 minutes of normal flying, mostly without SETA my account got +2.5M increase. Is the game making it impossible to farm cash on SETA? Or was it just a coincidance and my ST took much better offers? I have only 2 of them right now.
Contrary to popular belief, the game does not calculate everything ten times faster if you run SETA at 10X. Obviously, if it tried to do that, it would bring most computers to their virtual knees. Bearing that in mind, the likely answer to your question is that because SETA causes the game to take shortcuts, it may not send as many freighters around the universe to buy your wares. Or there may be other shortcuts taken. Since I don't work for Egosoft and am not privy to the code, I can only speculate as to how it works. :wink:

And in answer to Shoryn, yes, your combat and trade ranks will drop due to running the game with no player input. SETA just makes it happen that much faster. So running it at one hour non-SETA will cause the same rank drops as running for 6 minutes at SETAx10.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 20:07

I use SETA to shorten the longer flights and to check the possible income from my new complexes. I gues ordering it to automaticly transfer founds is a habbit already :) I never use it to get cash, if I run a longer period of SETA for examinations as stated above I always have a save file just before I hit the J button to return to. The money is flowing rather fast if you know where to look :)

Thank you for the answers, I will sleep more peacefully now, knowing that ;)

Zzyn
x3

Post by Zzyn » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 04:26

Where do I get this 10x? I only have the 6.. is it after you finish the goner temple in Elysium? :-) Despite comments offered so far, I have made a lot of cash (lost a lot of Universe Traders, too) and have made a lot of credits. I'm sitting on 60+ mil now, but it was near 80 when I built my last three factories. I lost a trader now and then, and ya, argon prime got wiped, but I'm not sure I mind.

The worst rep hit I ever took appeared to be because someone from heretics end asked me to go pick up a floating Osprey and I tried to keep it. At that point, a bunch of argon police turned red and locked onto it. So, since it was parked at a shipyard at that point, I just sold it and they lost theIr anger. Weird, but 10mil+ for that one. I'm still working on terran rep again.

So far, I'm not seeing horrible results from SETA running my UT's and factories. What am I missing?

FuryFlex
x3tc

Post by FuryFlex » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 04:40

Zzyn wrote:Where do I get this 10x? I only have the 6
Check your gameplay options.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 14:12

Zzyn wrote:So far, I'm not seeing horrible results from SETA running my UT's and factories. What am I missing?
Well you'll get random things like sectors being wiped out.

You could get killed yourself.

Your assets could (will at some point) get destroyed.

Your ranks will drop (that can be useful tho).

The game universe economy is broken, and requires player intervention (traders an whatnot) to maintain stability. The more time you spend on SETA without doing this, the more stuff you could lose. For example, most of the SPPs in the game vanishing etc.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”