X3TC view prices remotely?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

filkr

X3TC view prices remotely?

Post by filkr » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 02:56

I'm very new to X3 and I'm following a guide to try my hand at trading, but I was wondering if there was any way to see prices without docking at a station? I'd like to view prices from a station or even a sector away...

-Kulu-
x4

Post by -Kulu- » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 02:57

Drop any of the satellites nearby.

AA0154
x3tc

Post by AA0154 » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 03:10

Use an advanced satalite. It has a much bigger viewer area and will help you out later on when building complexes.

You can find them at most Military Equipment docks early on.

Expanding a little. I like to make sure there are enough advanced satalites to not only cover all stations in a secotr but also the jump gates. I make most my money off assaniation missions and the person you are supposed to kill is always near a gate. Having all the gated covered lets you jump right to where the mark is hanging out.

bizbag
x3tc

Re: X3TC view prices remotely?

Post by bizbag » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 04:34

filkr wrote:I'm very new to X3 and I'm following a guide to try my hand at trading, but I was wondering if there was any way to see prices without docking at a station? I'd like to view prices from a station or even a sector away...
The answer you're looking for is the Trading System Extension. The Sattelites the other posters are suggesting will allow you to see the prices if you are not in the sector, but in either case you must have a Trading System Extension.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 04:42

Yup, your ship must have a trading system extension installed, and you must have an asset (ship or satellite) in the sector you're trying to see. Doesn't matter where in the sector it is, as soon as you have something there you can see all the station prices.

Shipyards you can buy ships remotely too, if you have the above. Everything else, weapons, missiles, shields, or trade wares, you need a ship docked at the station to buy the stuff.

caddman
x3tc

Post by caddman » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 04:54

Ever since I started playing x2 I always buy all the computer upgrades for my flag ship exception trade mk 3, then transfer all the upgrades to my new flagship, till eventually all my ships have all upgrades so I'm always prepared for everything everywhere. But thats just me.
Talk is cheap simply because supply exceeds demand.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 06:43

If you're still too poor for a satellite network don't hesitate to send a scoutship to the sector in question. That's why the Humble Merchant has a Discoverer to start.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 14:57

In the very beginning, before you can dock at an Equipment Dock to buy the Trade Extension software, you can just look at the inventory bars for the stations to see how much of everything they have in stock.

If the bar is short (less than half full), supply is low, so the price you would pay to buy their finished product, or that they'll pay for a required resource, will be high. If the bar is mostly full, they have a lot in stock, so the price will be low. Buy where the price of an output product is low, and sell where it's high and used as a resource, and you don't need to see the exact numbers. Stations (except for Trade Stations and Equipment Docks that always buy and sell at Average Price) only buy, not sell, required resources, and only sell, not buy, whatever product(s) they produce.

Once you've got the Trade Extension software and a satellite network covering half a dozen sectors, it gets a lot easier to see what to buy and where to sell it. I generally transfer to an M5 as soon as I have that software, and send my TS to buy and sell somewhere else while I run missions. The left and right camera spots in the upper corners of your screen are ideal for keeping tabs on a couple of remote manual traders while you explore or run missions.

Beyond two remote ships, you probably want to invest in Trade Mk3 software and turn them into autonomous Sector Traders, so you don't need to babysit them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”