Xenon riot!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thatguyfromvienna

Xenon riot!

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 14:32

Gosh!
My universe is currently experiencing heavy Xenon activity.
I mean - heavy, really heavy.
Grand Exchange is constantly under fire; I have a Tiger, a Shrike, a Hyperion and two Perseus stationed there to keep things calm.
Simultaneously, I fly my Boreas for a proper punitive expedition through the Xenon sectors bordering north, trying to cut down the supply of capital ships entering Grand Exchange.
Usually I'll be facing at least 10 Qs, 3-4 Js and the same amount of Ks plus a plethora of fighters in each sector.

I'm not complaining since it's actually fun and some of the loot is really neat; but is this ever going to end or am I doomed to stick to these sectors?

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 15:03

Considering that there is a Xenon sector to the north of Grand Exchange, it isn't really a surprise. However:

Did you by chance take your Boreas for a day trip through the Xenon sectors and shoot everything up???

If yes, then you are now watching one of the famed Xenon Migrations! These migrations generally start from one of the Xenon shipyard sectors and travel through to their destination (another Xenon sector).

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 15:07

Oh. Crap.
That's what I did. We had some fun shooting things and by accident, a shipyard and a station or two were slightly hurt.

So... I actually only need to shoot everything that moves and at one point, they'll have no more ships left for this migration, right?

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 15:11

I seems you are getting to that stage in your game where the Xenon become a serious threat to bordering sectors and you may find now is the time to start considering gate blockades.

At the end of my last game, I had most of the gates leading to Xenon sectors protected by 2 capitals, I recommend the following ships in any combination: Boreas, Tyr or Osaka, kitted out with the maximum damage outputting weapons in all turrets, plus a wing of 10 Pikes. This kept the majority at bay, but not all, and I did take loses...

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 15:12

Then they will potentially start another one but it could happen somewhere else.

The game tries to maintain a certain amount of Xenon in the universe at any one time. Shoot them all up and the game respawns them after a period of time. Where they get spawned and where they travel to is random.

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 15:15

In that case I think I'm going to let some fighters and corvettes pass and enjoy the loot I get from Qs, Js and Ks.

This migration thing is really interesting and adds a lot to the game in my opinion.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 15:20

The one I saw most often was from 472 (north of Grand Exchange) to 347 (south of Scale Plate Green) although when they were migrating they tended to just pass through, wrecking anything in their path, rather than hanging around wrecking whole sectors.

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 15:27

It's really a fascinating phenomenon.
Knowing now what it actually is and what has caused it, I'm a bit in awe.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 16:27

As far as I know, based on my experiance as well, when you clean a Xenon sector there will be massive, already mentioned, Xenon Migration from other sectors to this one cleaned. They want to hold all of them so they will fly from the nearest Xenon Shipyard to the cleaned sector. It's very easy to exploit thou. I got all remaining Xenon ships that were missing in my Rev. Eng. queue.

It's better to guard the gate to the Xenon Sectors rather then clean them. Unless you intend to clean all of them and maintain a rather big fleed in each of them.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 20:35

This activity is what makes Menelaus' Paradise the opposite of its name, and what makes the eponymous Grand Exchange one of capital-weapons fire more often than money transfers.

Do the Xenon migrate from Xenon Sector 101 in the old Xenon space?

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 20:43

101 is totally calm.
No big miracle though; I was bringing quite some havoc over the Xenon lately struggling to get my hands on some capship weaponry.

All they have populated currently is Core plus the adjacent sector, everything else I pretty much wiped. Love my Boreas!

I guess I'll really let some fighters pass, only trashing Qs and bigger and let them repopulate their sectors.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 19. Jun 13, 22:37

heratik wrote:The one I saw most often was from 472 (north of Grand Exchange) to 347 (south of Scale Plate Green) ....
472 is north of Black Hole Sun. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Nickvr628

Post by Nickvr628 » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 03:47

Ahh yes, the good-old smell of Qs in the morning. :) But 10 of them?!? I only like them when they are in the normal packs of 2 or 3.
When life gives you lemons, you don't make lemonade! You make life take the lemons back! GET MAD! I dont wat you goshdarn lemons what am I supposed to do with these!?! Do you know who I am? I demand to see life's manager! I gonna burn his house down! With some lemons... In fact, I'm gonna build some sorta lemon bomb to BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN!
#lemonrant

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 06:43

They go from "Holy Four Letter Word I Killed A Q!!!" To "Oh man, ANOTHER Q?" in a real short time don't they?

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 10:43

Nothing like seeing a Xenon migration and the trail of destruction in it's wake.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 11:32

Nanook wrote:
heratik wrote:The one I saw most often was from 472 (north of Grand Exchange) to 347 (south of Scale Plate Green) ....
472 is north of Black Hole Sun. :wink:
Oops :oops: , Close enough though!?!? :lol:

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 15:38

Is it possible I have pacifist Xenon in my game?
They still migrate, it's a huge trail of them running all across the universe; but they don't blow things to bits and pieces.
An unsuspecting small ship getting into their way may be blasted every now and then but in general, they pretty much leave things alone.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 15:55

thatguyfromvienna wrote:Is it possible I have pacifist Xenon in my game?
They still migrate, it's a huge trail of them running all across the universe; but they don't blow things to bits and pieces.
An unsuspecting small ship getting into their way may be blasted every now and then but in general, they pretty much leave things alone.
Like I said in my earlier post, my experience of migrations is that they tend to take a direct route to their destination and don't detour to blow stuff up, god forbid any NPC gets in their way though....

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 16:00

Well, those NPCs better be careful. ^^
For the time being, I've blacklisted all sectors the Xenon are likely to visit for my traders though...

X-Tie
x4

Post by X-Tie » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 16:35

thatguyfromvienna wrote:Well, those NPCs better be careful. ^^
For the time being, I've blacklisted all sectors the Xenon are likely to visit for my traders though...
You can always use the HUB gate system... Have a constant war in your HUB sector is fun :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”