New Update Break some .xsp ships?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Porkins

New Update Break some .xsp ships?

Post by Porkins » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 13:38

Long time X player here. Took a long break and came back. Installed and started inserting my favorite custom ship .xsp's using the latest PIM.

Several are fine, others aren't showing up as available to spawn in the cheat plugin. Some are showing up in TC, but not in AP. I remember something about loading them in TC first, and then to AP, but that didn't work. Seems to be with a lot of Jorkin's ships.

Is the newest patch / update possibly responsible?

Porkins

Post by Porkins » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 14:11

Two weeks, 68 views and nada? LOL...

For me some ships that were fine when loaded before this latest update but are not showing up now… one even shows up, but the main body texture is now all black. Unless some kind of mechanics have been changed, that really shouldn’t happen, as all necessary textures, files, and references are contained in the .xsp.

I keep entire TC folders backed up, so I have changed out the new folder with the old one, and all the ships are fine…. But of course I would like to play with the latest updated version of the game.

If possible, as stated I’m just looking for a quick “everything’s been fine and I haven’t heard of any .xsp’s being broken by it”, or a “yeah, there have been a few issues”.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 15:39

Well you need to update your modificatins to fit new files. Specially stuff like TShips and Co.
Basically my suggestion is to go vanilla AP 3.0 and then put the xsp ship back in from there.

MFG

Ketraar

Porkins

Post by Porkins » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 17:04

Ketraar wrote:Well you need to update your modificatins to fit new files. Specially stuff like TShips and Co.
Basically my suggestion is to go vanilla AP 3.0 and then put the xsp ship back in from there.

MFG

Ketraar
Sorry… may not have been clear in the OP… that is what I did originally. I downloaded fresh vanilla (from Steam), downloaded the latest of Cycrow’s PIM, and started inserting my favorite ships. The rest is as described. Since they are all the same .xsp’ I used before, I can’t think of a reason a select few of them would either not show up as available to spawn, or the textures be screwy unless there is some change in the game update or Cycrow’s newest PIM that makes these .xsp’s no longer work.

I’m trying to see if there has been some fundamental change in the game or PIM that requires old .xsp’s to be updated, or if no one else is experiencing this, and everyone else are loading all the same old ships just fine.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 21:44

I too seem to have this problem, fresh download of AP after complete removal

fresh install of Cycrow's PIM,

some .xsp ships show, others do not,

several reattempts gave "interesting and inconsistent" results.
(I could occasionally get a non-working ship to spawn properly, sometimes with out skin, sometimes as invisible, vary random, but some times some ships wont install right with others, haven't mapped it all out yet.)

-though, i wasn't testing in TC as I was after the new plots...

(PS: Porkins, didn't you go down after they got your stabilizers?)

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 23:58

-though, I have discovered that if I limit myself to just 2 ships (did not find a 3 ship combination that worked, but that could just be my choices), I can get them to spawn correctly.

both ships are by Jorkin (sp) that came from a site that is no longer available. ( B5 Rutharian and Nexus Angelwing, downloaded last december )

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 29. Jun 13, 03:27

also add the plugins to TC (so you go to the TC-editing mode of the manager, add the ship, then switch back to AP and repeat) to get the ship in.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 29. Jun 13, 05:24

well, that seems to have fixed it in my game (even with .xsp ships that were downloaded over a year ago)...
they spawn correctly now. (with the skins even...)

(pain in the keister though...)

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 29. Jun 13, 05:31

SirDeathwalker wrote:well, that seems to have fixed it in my game (even with .xsp ships that were downloaded over a year ago)...
they spawn correctly now. (with the skins even...)

(pain in the keister though...)

my solution? If so, I'm glad I could help.

If not mine, I don't know. And should you like to give thanks (assuming again it was my answer), I believe Dr Bullwinkle is the one who informed me of such an approach

/babble off

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 29. Jun 13, 05:38

it was Tony,
-and DrBullwinkle is a good source of info... (though my coding days are decades in the past, so I am occasionally unable to follow his advice as such :P )

that what i like about this community, it is much friendlier than most......

Porkins

Post by Porkins » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 00:04

I'm glad it worked for you, but unfortunately, as stated in the OP, this did not work for me. I would load into TC, and then load in AP, but it did not work. Some would appear available in TC but not AP, some would be in neither.

I never minded the switching back and forth to install in both, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working for me this time.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”