Xenon I - Missile Loadout

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gomezie
x4

Xenon I - Missile Loadout

Post by Gomezie » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 17:18

hi all,

Got this awesome ship recently.. been contemplating missiles for it and come up with the following:

firestorm = m6's and capitals
Poltergeist = everything else

Anyone got any real experience with this, or prefer alternatives?

Going to set up a plex to supply it once Im happy :)

Thanks in advance

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Re: Xenon I - Missile Loadout

Post by Lone Jedi » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 17:56

Gomezie wrote:hi all,

Got this awesome ship recently.. been contemplating missiles for it and come up with the following:

firestorm = m6's and capitals
Poltergeist = everything else

Anyone got any real experience with this, or prefer alternatives?

Going to set up a plex to supply it once Im happy :)

Thanks in advance
Poltergeist is one of the worst light missiles in game. It's almost guaranteed not to hit M5s.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Gomezie
x4

Post by Gomezie » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 18:07

Cool, had my doubts.. what would you suggest as a replacement?

Cheers

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 18:32

Hornets and Typhoons are absolutely nasty for M6 and up, Thunderbolts are ok for M3. If you barrage-launch them, they'll be deadly.

Firestorms turn so slowly that they won't catch anything smaller than M2, and M2 have plenty of anti-missile turrets so none will get through; the Firestorms are really intended for stations.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 18:46

If you're carrying Firestorms, you'll find the I likes to launch them like they're going out of fashion. Mind you, the I also does it with Hornets :D

If I'm going to use my own I'll need to build fabs for them since it's not uncommon to send a couple dozen against a capital ship. I'm actually putting off that part since it requires me expanding my largest complex and towing extra mines into place :lol:

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 18:53

Gomezie wrote:Cool, had my doubts.. what would you suggest as a replacement?

Cheers
Sadly Xenon I cannot use any good light missiles. So just skip it and let mosquitoes deal with the incoming missiles and let FAAs kill the fast fighters.

Tempest seems to be the best medium missile. It has good agility & speed and the ability to automatically track other targets.

A large quantity of Typhoons can help you clear a sector, though you can expect many of them will miss.
I live in my Vidar.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 19:12

Lone Jedi wrote:

Cheers
Sadly Xenon I cannot use any good light missiles. So just skip it and let mosquitoes deal with the incoming missiles and let FAAs kill the fast fighters.

Tempest seems to be the best medium missile. It has good agility & speed and the ability to automatically track other targets.

A large quantity of Typhoons can help you clear a sector, though you can expect many of them will miss.
If only the Typhoon had the ability to track other targets in the same way.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 20:39

Sovereign01 wrote:
Lone Jedi wrote:

Cheers

If only the Typhoon had the ability to track other targets in the same way.
(Cough...)Wraith.
I live in my Vidar.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 21:54

Lone Jedi wrote:

Cheers

This. The I's Flaks should have nearly full coverage of the ship since it's so flat. With at least 6 on each side, they should be able to handle M6s as well, but Hornets can help too. Just worry about M7s and larger. for the main guns.

Gomezie
x4

Post by Gomezie » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 01:22

Nice one.. so looks like Typhoons is all id need in my plex along with mosquito's for good measure?

Thanks again

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”