Player HQ limits

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SmokinSoldier
x3tc

Player HQ limits

Post by SmokinSoldier » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 21:49

I have a large factory producing all the wares I'll ever need and I am having them shipped via CAG to my player hq. CAG may not be the best way but it allows me to keep my funds topped off in my factory as I need to have buyers buying ore and silicone for it. Problem is it would seem my CAG sellers, set to sell only to my PHQ are not respecting the limits I set in it. Some wares are at 1000% capacity or greater. What am I doing wrong? I thought the limits I set would not allow the PHQ to accept more wares then it was limited to.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 21:59

If I recall correctly, the behaviour of experienced CAGs with respect to PHQ stock differs according to whether they are set to shopper or trader. Try experimenting.

Ah yes, here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SmokinSoldier
x3tc

Post by SmokinSoldier » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 00:07

The problem isn't that they aren't bringing the supplies, it is that they are not stopping once the hq reaches the limits of ware I specified. so I'll end up with 10000/100 mosquitoes. The CAG's are homebased to my complex as sellers.
Last edited by SmokinSoldier on Fri, 21. Jun 13, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 00:09

You should be using CLS, not CAG, to move goods between your complex and your HQ. CAG is really meant for dealing with NPC stations.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SmokinSoldier
x3tc

Post by SmokinSoldier » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 00:13

My reasoning behind using cag instead of cls is this. I have my buying price set higher then any npc station so my cags will prioritize my HQ for selling, they should unload up to my set limit of wares then any overstock will get sold to the NPC market. Worked very well for my Player Corp EQ and Hub.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 00:19

And it worked well because those had fixed limits on each ware. It obviously doesn't work so well on the open cargo hold of the PHQ.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

SmokinSoldier
x3tc

Post by SmokinSoldier » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 00:24

So the CAG just doesn't recognize that the limits are set on wares by the dockware manager. :(

PS: Love the Ultima Online polar bear, took me a few to remember where it was from.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 00:36

SmokinSoldier wrote:So the CAG just doesn't recognize that the limits are set on wares by the dockware manager. :(
CAG's homebased to the PHQ will, but those homebased elsewhere will not.
PS: Love the Ultima Online polar bear, took me a few to remember where it was from.
It's not from UO, unless they ripped off where I got mine. Or vice versa. Never played UO. :wink:

SmokinSoldier
x3tc

Post by SmokinSoldier » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 00:57

It probably got ripped off UO, it was one of the first major mmo's from back in 93. Thank you for clarifying the cag issue

SmokinSoldier
x3tc

Post by SmokinSoldier » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 00:59

I think the workaround for this will be to use my player EQ or hub with a CLS to move wares to the HQ and have the CAG continue to operate with those stations as I did previously.

Do I need to homebase the CLS to the HQ for it to recognize the limitations?

paincakes
x3tc

Post by paincakes » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 06:22

I have this problem. I have 165,000 mosquito missles lol. Except I never assigned any ships to CAG at my HQ. I suspect my limits are just ignored all together or that my universe traders are doing it.

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 08:50

I find the CAGs work well with the PHQ if you block non-homebased CAGs (through the command console of the PHQ) and have only the homebased CAGs do it's bidding. Also I always blacklist all of my EQ docks and PHQ from my UTs (they have a habit of selling my hard earned equipment).

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 21. Jun 13, 12:26

paincakes wrote:I have this problem. I have 165,000 mosquito missles lol. Except I never assigned any ships to CAG at my HQ. I suspect my limits are just ignored all together or that my universe traders are doing it.
It's quite common for UTs to bring in commodities, I had the same problem. I now only stock resources that I need to make ships etc.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”