Extensions - X3 Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alowe

Extensions - X3 Reunion

Post by alowe » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 13:36

Tried the forum "search tool". According to that there are and have never been any posts with the word "extension" in it - in all the forums.

So this post will be the first - right :roll:

Just wanted to find out about the extensions mentioned in the BBS. I've gone to these sectors with whole fleets of discoverers with triplex scanners and explorer software. Searched everywhere in the sector within 200km in each direction from the centre. After a month of searching sectors have yet to find one extension.

So what's the catch? Am I not searching far enough, quick enough, in the wrong places, or do they simply not exist?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 14:26

Hmm...I'm not sure what you mean but my best guess is that you are looking for Pandora ship upgrades, right?

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 16:25

They exist. If you don't want to continue finding them the hard way, you might use this tool or follow this thread .

The second approach allows to see the crates, you can write down the locations, load an elder savegame and travel right to the places where the crates are ...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 22:04

The title mentions Reunion.
Would these TC/AP scripts work in Reunion?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 23:12

No.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 10:49

Ooops, my bad. Did a search with "Pandora". Sorry for the inconvenience

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 19:58

Also be aware that if the forum search finds too many matches, it stops and returns none of them. This stops the search function slowing the whole forum to a crawl. Using a Google (or engine of choice) site search is what I'd suggest. See the link in my sig or, if you use firefox, you could try the Site Search add-on.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 22:03

The Bonuspack for X3R did add a BBS message that reports findings of an Argon exploration vessel named Pandora. These messages do mention sectors.

Among the findings are containers. They are not "hidden" and thus any vessel within Scanner range would see them. One should look along the main axes and 200 km from center should be enough.

The things to find were set there the first time the game was loaded with Bonuspack installed -- not when the message appears on BBS. However, in some of the sectors the position can be within the atmosphere of a planet and the object was destroyed when you visited the sector yourself.

X3R version 2.* did add a Treasure Hunt BBS mission that also can have containers (ware or credits). That mission does reveal exact coordinates (if you pay). These containers are "hidden" and can thus be revealed (to scanner and Mk1 eyeball) only by personally flying to within couple hundred meters of them.

Forum searches do have the additional problem that the names "Pandora", "Avarice", and "Treasure Hunt" have been adopted/reused by players of the later games (and by S&M too).

X3R S&M probably has produced scripts that can list all objects (of desired type) in each sector. There is a separate Forum for that topic.

alowe

Post by alowe » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 16:08

Rapier wrote:Also be aware that if the forum search finds too many matches, it stops and returns none of them. This stops the search function slowing the whole forum to a crawl. Using a Google (or engine of choice) site search is what I'd suggest. See the link in my sig or, if you use firefox, you could try the Site Search add-on.
I tried that first - never normally use site search engines. But all the links were other topics about extensions, like extension lists and what each extension does. This does not help me.

Surely this topic has been discussed before? I just can't find it. If anyone could post a link to a thread that would help.

It's just X3 - Reunion. Patched but not extended in any way. There's no Pandora in the game.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Extensions - X3 Reunion

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 16:45

alowe wrote:Just wanted to find out about the extensions mentioned in the BBS.
alowe wrote:It's just X3 - Reunion. Patched but not extended in any way. There's no Pandora in the game.
If you have not installed Bonuspack, then there is no Pandora, not even in BBS. If you don't have Bonuspack, what exactly did the BBS message say?

Installation of the Bonuspack is really recommended for various reasons. Get it from http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/bonus_en.php
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

alowe

Post by alowe » Sat, 29. Jun 13, 14:50

Ok, sorry. I didn't realise that what I thought was a patch was actually a bonus pack. That means I do have it installed. Been using afterburners, exploring SW etc.

Haven't seen any reference anywhere in the game to Pandora yet - but maybe it'll come later. Been holding off on the plot but already have the Headquarters.

The BBS usually says something like, Argon/Split/etc cartography have found an object in sector XYZ far away fromt the ecliptic. Analysis has shown it to be some like of ship extension. Blah blah blah, something about there may be more "out there".

I'm going to try a fleet of upgraded Arrows to see if that helps.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 29. Jun 13, 16:23

iirc, you have to get real close to see them.

Note that they will only upgrade the ship you are in.
It is a once only, so make sure you have already got the max upgrades for the ship you are in, before you collect, else you may lose the benefit when you try to upgrade the normal way.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”