Extra mouse buttons dont work for X3-AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Danny200
xr

Extra mouse buttons dont work for X3-AP

Post by Danny200 » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 01:13

Hello i have a steelseries gaming mouse that has 16 buttons on it...

so far the X3 AP only reconises left and right mouse button... which is kinda game breaking for me as i wanted to use it on there and if i cant i dont think i want top play it...

so i was wondering if its possible to force it to reconise them somehow...

i tried making a macro for my buttons so when i press say button 6 it = the number 6 on my keyboard to try and trick it... no go...

it just really dont want to even bother with it any help?

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 02:42

Have you tried using the control/key mapping in the game?
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 14:40

what is ctrl/key mapping?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 16:30

In-game Options, Controls and you can remap control keys and set up Hotkeys.

That said, in your place I would be looking in the mouse driver and macro application to find out why it is not sending (or cannot send) a code that is indistinguishable from a keyboard keypress. You cannot really expect the game to have to try to do the conversion work for your own special hardware and its driver and then also try to do the same for everyone else's versions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 17:48

A4tech G6 saver here with 5 variable and with 2 factory mapped button and i can do almost everything with my mouse :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 18:26

lol the ingame controls area where you change controls i already did >__< that was like the first thing i did :P

http://snag.gy/8EiMW.jpg

theres a coppy of my Mouse control menue... so far i have tried every option on the macros with no luck.... (in the white box)

i also tried the Edit game/app and import game... no luck...

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 18:57

wooo.... okey it took me a long time to workout and i downloaded a manual for the game... i found out what i was doing wrong :D

1. Copy and Paste Macros

The copy & paste macro mode allows you specify 3 things:
• The key to start your macro with. This key is press before the content of your
macro is ran. By Default this is set to the Entre key, and can be modified to be any
key, such as slash /

• The textbox in the middle is the content of your macro, and will output a single
line of Unicode text with up to 255 characters in length. This box behaves as a
regular textbox, allowing you to copy text from elsewhere and paste it into here.
Since the textbox is Unicode, it will output any special characters or language
placed inside of it.

• Similarly to the start key, the end key functions in the same manner. This key will
be press to finish or close off your macro, and by Default is set to the Enter key.

[ external image ]

what i was doing is pressing the Number 1 for start key and end key... so when i then went ingame and put auto pilot as key 1... it would activate it... then de activate it as if i pressed 1 twice...

So all i need is the start key i guess and the box empty and no end key :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 11:14

OK, so mouse problem solved by referring to the mouse user manual. Sounds ... logical. :)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”