TC: Race Rep from trading question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AA0154
x3tc

TC: Race Rep from trading question

Post by AA0154 » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 17:31

Good morning everyone!

I know I get a little bit of race rep when trading. I was wondering if the particular race rep I get is based on which race owns the system I am trading in or race type that factory I sell to.

Thank you!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 20:22

It's always the individual with whom you trade, in this case, it's the individual station. If a certain race trader trades with one of your stations, you get rep with that race, irregardless of what sector it's in.

Hope that helps. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

AA0154
x3tc

Post by AA0154 » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 22:59

Yes it does!

I was just wondering becuase I am runing around doing all the station build missions I can find. I have placed about a dozen new stations in Argon Prime alone but some of them are other races. Didn't know how the rep worked.

Thank you!

AA0154
x3tc

Post by AA0154 » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 23:03

Nanook wrote:It's always the individual with whom you trade, in this case, it's the individual station. If a certain race trader trades with one of your stations, you get rep with that race, irregardless of what sector it's in.

Hope that helps. :)
Ok, let me expand on your info. I want to get Terran rep to the max but I don't want to fly around without a jump drive doing missions. I have put STs in there to trade up the rep.
Since when an NPC trades with my station, could I not put a Solar plant in each section with a sale point at the bottom in order to speed up rep?

Thoughts?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 19:44

It'll be very slow doing things this way, but your terran rep will increase
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 19:49

Trading works very well at low rep levels. But the higher it goes the longer it will take.
Does your game not have SPPs all over the place in terran space? Iirc there's usually tons of them by default, unless they get GoD'd out

AA0154
x3tc

Post by AA0154 » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 20:37

There are a few. I pretty mch ignored Terran space until reently so I think the GOD stick got a few of them.

I can see it would be a VERY long grind. Big part is how big the middle sectors are and the speed of the TSs. I might pick up some Springbloosems and use them as some fsat traders in Terran.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”