Cannot Land in Unknown Aldrin Base

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Commissar Luna

Cannot Land in Unknown Aldrin Base

Post by Commissar Luna » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 00:22

I was trying to do the New Home plot and it told me I have to dock at an Unknown Aldrin base. However, when I ask it to give me permission to dock, it tells me I can't dock. There is only one other ship landed there that is not mine. I tried auto pilot but it goes ballistic. Anything I can do to fix this?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 00:25

That station likely has a number of NPC ships inbound with reserved docking ports. The player is only guaranteed one docking slot per NPC station, so if there are too many ships trying to dock, you won't be able to, unless you tell your other ship to undock first.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Commissar Luna

Post by Commissar Luna » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 00:32

I told my other ship to undock and it didn't help. It claims I own an Aldrin Repair Service ship in the owned ships tab even though it says its not mine.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 00:37

That sounds a bit odd. I don't recall the player being given any ships in Aldrin during that plot, so it shouldn't be that. Do you have any scripts or mods installed?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Commissar Luna

Post by Commissar Luna » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 00:42

Nope, I still want to finish the plots first. The said ship shows up as blue as well, not green.

AA0154
x3tc

Post by AA0154 » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 00:50

Blow it up. :lol:

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 01:01

I had same problem once in TC (it was one of DECA missions I needed to talk to someone there) Anyway I was using CW ship Hyperion and I couldn't dock :( Than I switched to my Terran Scabbard and I docked without any problems :? :? :?

Edit: I was using docking com too
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 02:50

Commissar Luna wrote:I told my other ship to undock and it didn't help. It claims I own an Aldrin Repair Service ship in the owned ships tab even though it says its not min.
Thhat's not what "owned ships" means. Those are ships THE STATION owns.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 03:00

Order the auto pilot to dock the ship, ensure your other ships are safely docked and go out to dinner. When you return, your ship will be docked.

The last time I did this mission the auto pilot took 40 minutes (real time) to complete the docking procedure.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 13:06

kgkosio wrote:Order the auto pilot to dock the ship, ensure your other ships are safely docked and go out to dinner. When you return, your ship will be docked.

The last time I did this mission the auto pilot took 40 minutes (real time) to complete the docking procedure.
That's due to the freakish huge rock in that sector...
Collision avoidance actually kicks in light years away.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”