Weaver's Tempest Yaki Shuri X3 AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

deathcoy
x3

Weaver's Tempest Yaki Shuri X3 AP

Post by deathcoy » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 14:55

Do i have to destroy the Shuri in Weaver's Tempest to get safe access to the sector? Will it respawn? Will my Yaki rep drop like mad?

I believe im good rep with Yaki as i can dock and buy/sell stuff to their IBL forge. I want to set up factories there to feed them but only Shuri is red to me and shoot me. :(

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 15:06

Did you try to comm the Shuri and send apologies for all the bad things you did in the past?
Blowing up that thing won't do you any good.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 15:07

The Shuri will respawn mere moments after the old one is destroyed or taken over. After boarding three of them my reputation with the Yaki dropped to a low I never knew was possible.

You can do the rocket trick to destroy it, so that hopefully the respawning Shuri is friendly. You could try to apologize to the Captain, sometimes that also works.

Or you can save your game, destroy the Shuri and observe what happens. If you are lucky, your reputation won't suffer too much from it.

deathcoy
x3

Post by deathcoy » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 15:13

@thatguyfromvienna
It works, i had to apologise 3 times lol.

I dunno why i am enemy with the Shuri, i never kill any Yaki, 0 Yaki kills. Also when Shuri release its fighters they were not red and won't attack me. Maybe is bug?

@xant
can you elaborate on rocket trick?

Thank you all, help me a lot. This has been bugging me for a week hahaha.... Cos everyone's play through, Shuri good friends with player except mine.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 15:21

I usually send in an M5 and look at the map as it enters and maps the sector. This turns angry ships and angry laser towers blue; it's a quirk of the game code where a ship or tower may stay red towards you personally, even if you have positive standings, but will re-calculate its color if you send in a ship on remote control.

I only enter the sector after it's been scouted OOS with me looking at the map while the M5 is doing it.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 15:21

The rocket trick consists of having a ship ( M7M or M8 ) firing enough heavy missiles to destroy the target, but then to jump it away from the sector before the missiles hit. The missiles will stay, but without the ship that fired them they lose their ownership.

That results in the target getting destroyed without you getting the rep loss or other repercussions for it.

Oh, and what helps with pirates: when they are red (I am friendly with them), I fly over to them and let them shoot at me for a few seconds. When they see that I don't shoot back, they turn friendly. That works for small patrols as well as the frigates and destroyers in all pirate sectors.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 15:25

If you have positive rep, red pirate ships can be turned blue by scanning them (of course, don't shoot back while you do so, and make sure your turrets are off and not shooting back).

deathcoy
x3

Post by deathcoy » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 15:26

@ajax34i
I see, no wonder. Just 30mins ago i did a delivery of M5 to the distiller in that sector and it bypass the Shuri without getting attacked.

@xant
Rocket trick sounds neat.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 15:58

The thing is, the M5 will get shot if you don't look at the map, cause the Shuri stays red. It's just M5's are fast and spend very little time in the weapons range of enemy ships.

You HAVE to look at the map to turn things blue. It's a quirk of the game.

Lenient
x3tc

Post by Lenient » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 18:57

Sometimes, when I scan red Pirates, they turn blue. These "red" pirates do not shoot at me, despite their hostile color.
If you wear the same clothes two days in a row, you can pretend you're a time traveler from yesterday.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 22:56

They might not be in missile or combat range but are within comm range
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 23:07

@ Ajax...

Yet another trick i either forgot about , or never knew. :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”