[Question] Boarding Aran?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cryptonite1
x4

[Question] Boarding Aran?

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 08:25

first of all, the Arans i find cannot be targeted, and after searching around the forum and web sites, i assume this is normal.

everything seems right when i use the repair laser to get the aran hostile, but i cannot board it, no matter which guide or tip i follow, I tried going through the command menu => piracy => board ship or launch marine, but it always end up making me select a sector and a target ship... I tried using boarding pods but found out in the first try that you actually needs a target for that to work. I tried parking right infront of the Aran and manually eject my marines one by one, none of them went on the Aran after 3 reloads... my boarding interface has this "Cycrow Development, AI Division" i assume this is not vanilla? since most of us know he's a good scripter? but the thing is I don't have boarding scripts installed...

any tips or help? trying for hours to get this Aran, still cannot...

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 09:42

Ist up hop into the space suit.

Then fire the suits repair laser at it. The Aran will interpret this as a hostile act and after a while the combat music will start. Of course being an unarmed ship this will not help it any :D

You need to fire the laser long enough to get it to register you as hostile. It won't go red, so you'll have to judge from the music change.

Also given that it's badly damaged, it won't do any harm to repair it a bit if you care to. A full repair would take nigh on forever, but do whatever you think it needs - remember unless your marines are 100% engineering you don't want it exploding when they're in there.

AFAIK it doesn't have any significant internal defences so it should be easy enough to actually cap.

Back in your ship you should be able to use the piracy commands on it. It should appear under the 'nearest ship' You still won't see it on the gravidar but you will be able to board it.

I just launched pods, but I think the 'Board nearest ship' command should now work. Don't just eject the marines into space, they'll think it's a swimming lesson rather than a boarding op.

One last thing. It's probably obvious, but don't forget to dock your player ship in the aran, transfer the jumpdrive and then do the jump out. Given that the sector gets destroyed on exit you don't want to leave your own ship behind.

After that just tractor it to the nearest shipyard for repairs or, if you haven't got that sort of money down back of the sofa, to your HQ to RE it.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 14:20

the problem is I don't have the "board nearest ship command".... does not appear no matter what i do, i know i need to wait for the music to change when using the repair laser, I did exactly what u say already, just no option to board that thing...

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 16:50

Just to double check, you did remember to bring Marines with you? He piracy option doesn't show up if they aren't on board

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 17:28

yes, i have all my 5 star marines with me

Blue Wraith

Post by Blue Wraith » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 18:45

You may need to repair laser for a while before it turns hostile. You will know it's hostile when it makes the beep you always hear when an enemy targets you. I'm never sure if I'm close enough for the repair laser to reach, so I always move closer while repping.

I use Launch All Marines rather than Piracy. If the Aran is hostile, it shows "Nearest Ship: Aran".

The first 3 Arans I tried to board in AP had hull too low and my marines aborted the boarding.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 20:01

....i think you guys didn't really get what im saying....

im getting same tips from all of you, dont get me wrong, good tips,

BUT

I dont get the "Nearest Ship: Aran" as an option! instead, I get the pick a sector, then pick a target ship, which i cannot since aran does not even show up as target in the sector map.

there, is this more clear?

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 20:07

The "Piracy" command is available only to ships of the following classes
  • TP
    M6
    TM
    M7M
(Which ist a silly restriction tbh..)

Or, just in case I missed something there, wasn't that command part of the bonuspack after all?
Not sure if it's included in the retail version of the game...
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 20:19

Idleking wrote: Or, just in case I missed something there, wasn't that command part of the bonuspack after all?
Not sure if it's included in the retail version of the game...
which command? you mean the "Nearest Ship: XXXX" command?

i have the bonus pack installed too...though...dont got that command...

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 21:31

cryptonite1 wrote:....i think you guys didn't really get what im saying....

im getting same tips from all of you, dont get me wrong, good tips,

BUT

I dont get the "Nearest Ship: Aran" as an option! instead, I get the pick a sector, then pick a target ship, which i cannot since aran does not even show up as target in the sector map.

there, is this more clear?
Yes. We understood what you meant. You are still using the "Piracy" menu. We're advising you not to go to that menu.

Go to a different menu. Go instead to "Additional Ship Commands" slot 1 or 2, and select "Launch All Marines." This will allow you to target the nearest ship without having to select the sector.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 22:15

no, i used that too, this interface with "Cycrow Development, AI Division" pops up and tells me to select a target...

http://s20.postimg.org/49mvnnkdp/cycrow.jpg

heres the Screenshot, see how am i suppose to select the aran lol?
its from "Launch All Marines" from "Additional Commands"

{Oversized image replaced by link. Please review the forum's image posting rules. - Nanook}

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 22:37

Do *any* of the commands you've tried offer a "nearest ship" rather than "select ship" options. It's not ever going to be selectable in the usual way

Sorry to be so unhelpful, but it's been a while since I tried spaceship boarding. Got too used to pods :oops:

<paranoia mode on>

Strange. My cobra won't board nearest ship either. I wonder if anything.s changed since the last patch.

As a test I just set Argon hostile and tried the menus from the cobra

You can still missile barrage pods to "nearest ship" but you can't use the piracy menu or the launch all marines option to it. Wierd.

<paranoia mode level set to max>

Perhaps someone would like to confirm if it (nearest ship) still works post 3.0. I'm pretty sure the piracy -> board offered nearest ship before.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 23:01

yea, i tried it with the OTAS Sirikos M7M and cannot launch marine barrages, i had 56 boarding pods... i don't get it

andik
x4

Post by andik » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 00:27

Ok when you "repair" the Aran and the Combat music starts jumping back into the M7M can you then target the Aran with the T target key you can then use the Current Target option on the menu you posted. Also use the mouse to click on the Aran's bounding box perhaps?

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 00:31

nope, tries targeting aran with the T and shift + T, cannot acquire target

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 00:32

Eqipment: Fight command mk1,mk2 + special command mk1
Wargasm

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 00:35

ballti wrote:Eqipment: Fight command mk1,mk2 + special command mk1
yep, all installed...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 01:12

cryptonite1 wrote:no, i used that too, this interface with "Cycrow Development, AI Division" pops up and tells me to select a target...

http://s20.postimg.org/49mvnnkdp/cycrow.jpg

heres the Screenshot, see how am i suppose to select the aran lol?
its from "Launch All Marines" from "Additional Commands"

{Oversized image replaced by link. Please review the forum's image posting rules. - Nanook}
I'm a little confused here. Why is an NMMC Shrike given as an option in the same sector as the Aran? There shouldn't be any NPC ships like that in UFJD space.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 01:17

I can confirm that the command is still there in my game. I still haven't gotten my freaking Aran though because getting marines with enough engineering and fighting is taking forever to train. Probably shouldn't have waited till the 4th in game day to start getting marines lol
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 01:55

Nanook wrote:I'm a little confused here. Why is an NMMC Shrike given as an option in the same sector as the Aran? There shouldn't be any NPC ships like that in UFJD space.
the screenshot wasn't taken at the Unknown Sector, its just an interface that i wanted to show when im at PTNI Headquarters

(Same interface, "additional ship commands" => "Launch all marines")

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”