X3TC Custom game- how to leave Argon Space?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

professor00179

X3TC Custom game- how to leave Argon Space?

Post by professor00179 » Wed, 3. Jul 13, 05:16

As in the title. I'm sure its a noob question (just starting the game), but I tried to search the forum and couldnt find anything of help :(

My sector map does not show other gates than the ones belonging to the Argon faction, so I end up running in circles between 10 or so sectors, unable to move somewhere else.

I know for a fact that there should be other gates, since universe maps i found online show connections, but for some reason my they do not show up on my sector overview window.

Can someone help me to get out of Argon space? Thanks in advance :)

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Wed, 3. Jul 13, 05:27

The sectors won't show gates or gate connections you haven't found. You need to actually find the gate for it to show the connection out.

The sector east of president's end, I forget the name but it should have a trading post and a big roid field near the east. Somewhere out in the east is a gate (you should be able to find it by watching where the traffic goes) and that gate will lead you to a lot of Fun places :) I would suggest bringing either a fast ship, or a well armed one.

As a rule, watching the traffic lines will show you where most gates are, though there are several which you will have to search for. QUite a lot of unknown sectors out there, unclaimed by anyone, sometimes for good reasons, have a look for them. Some of them make some very nice places to set up your own little bases.

Oh and a triplex scanner will help a lot. Buy one if you don't have one. I think that terracorp HQ sells them in home of light.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Wed, 3. Jul 13, 06:16

One easy way to accomplish this is to go one of the edge sectors on the right side of your map and take some missions. Odds are they'll eventually show you with quest markers where the gates are.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Wed, 3. Jul 13, 06:17

Chris0132 wrote: Oh and a triplex scanner will help a lot. Buy one if you don't have one. I think that terracorp HQ sells them in home of light.
If you're in around Argon Prime, they also sell them in Kingdom End, which isn't that far to the northwest.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 3. Jul 13, 09:06

Why are you playing a Custom game, out of interest? There's really no need to do so.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 3. Jul 13, 10:54

When you say custom did you start the custom game or are you using MODs? Here is a list of gate coordinates http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=255295

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”