Open Loops - But stations trading with each other

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BankruptAssasin
xr

Open Loops - But stations trading with each other

Post by BankruptAssasin » Thu, 4. Jul 13, 17:10

Looking to build a few stations. i don't want a closed loop as the NPC stations are not closed loop, but i want my traders to buy resources from my own stations so that i am not constantly giving the stations money.

Have you any tips so that the stations don't run out of money? eg have one station selling at a higher price than it's buying it's resources etc but wont there be always one station empty of cash?

EG - SPP - Sells E-Cells but buys Crystals from my Crystal station who in turn buys e-cells from the SPP, they buying from each other so the money is moving between each other. In comes the silcon Mine who buys the E-cells but sell the Silicon to the the Crystal fab - in this scenario the Crystal station is buying e-cells & Silicon but only selling crystals - to keep its money high it needs to have its crystals set to x amount above its resource price but that means the SPP is buying at an inflated price.

I feel i am confusing myself while writing this but hopefully you will mean what im getting at.
X3TC - Awesome
AP - Just started playing - Looks impressive
don't play Reunion - Too old
Rebirth - we all know the problems here

We're All dying from the moment we are Born.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 4. Jul 13, 17:15

If you use the bonus pack there are a few options.

CLS1 or internal commodity logistics is more or less for that task. If you set it's prices at zero it will trade between your stations for no net credit transfer.

Also if you go into the command panel for a station. In the station admin you can set it to transfer credits beyond certain limits to another station. So you can set the station that makes credits to transfer it's profits to the station that loses credits.

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Thu, 4. Jul 13, 18:01

You would also need to set buying prices to below average to prevent NPC ships from selling to your stations.

By limiting you stations to purchasing only from each other, you are eliminating the benefit of open loop complexes.

NPC stations sell many items for cheaper than you can produce them. and once your stations are fully supplied, you should never have to add additional funds to the station.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”