UTs, training and own bases

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Quinch
xr

UTs, training and own bases

Post by Quinch » Sun, 7. Jul 13, 19:15

Quick check - given that sector traders gain levels according to the profit they make, would it work if I placed a factory in a sector, disabled NPC trading and put the product price to minimum? Would it use the station for sector trading, and would it count towards its experience?
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 7. Jul 13, 20:08

Yes.

In fact I had a sector fitted out exclusively for UT training. Just don't connect them to a complex but make sure you produce everything required. Only catch is that high level UTs will jump in every now and then and "steal" the deal from your trainees. ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sun, 7. Jul 13, 20:10

Awesome.

Although, can't you mark a sector as blocked for UTs?

Me4President
x3ap

Post by Me4President » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 19:48

I think that when you make a blacklist, the blacklist is applied to all UT's, ST's and LT's.
Unless I'm reading it wrong...

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 19:55

One way to find out for sure, I suppose!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 23:05

Yes, Me4President is right. But nonetheless it doesn't happen too often that high lvl UT steal the deal. They can trade in hightech wares (weapon, shields etc.) but the trainees cannot. So just do stations with basic wares (ecells, food, minerals) and don't put your sell prices too low and your buy prices too high.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”