Hunting M7Ms

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

funkytrousers
x3tc

Hunting M7Ms

Post by funkytrousers » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 19:48

I'm looking to board an M7M. In previous games I've just bought them, but this game I'm only getting used ships (bought with credits, laser fire, or marines).

I've seen Argon, Boron, and Split M7Ms flying about, but I've yet to find any Paranoid or Yaki. Does anyone know if either can be found? Alternatively, do M7Ms start showing.g up in combat missions if I get high enough rank?

I prefer to pick on the Paranid, Yaki, or Pirates if possible

Also, will 8 5-star marines be enough at 100 fight skill? I hate TP boarding, but have a fairly elite team trained on Yaki, Paranid, and Duke's TM s and M6s.

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:07

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:13

Is this TC or AP?

In AP the Yaki have something called the Senshi according to Roguey's site.

Also if it's AP the tp could send in a full set of 20 guys (assuming you have then) I think your crew of 8 might struggle.
Last edited by brucewarren on Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:18

I've seen Paranid Ares'es flying around their space, not sure about Yaki or Pirate.

As far as marines, your best results will be to use the number of marines that the ship can carry, which I think is 20 in the case of M7M's.

Here's a list of skill requirements. I figure if it's 35 skill with Boarding Pods for 20 marines, you could do it with 7 at 100 skill. From what I understand, each ship has a skill number, like 700, and for success you add up the skill of all the marines you're sending in, to beat that number.
Last edited by ajax34i on Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:18

You'll have serious issues getting enough IBLs to outfit your ships if the Yaki don't like you...

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:22

Not really; in X3TC, cap Yaki ships and get IBLs that way, and in X3AP most M7 ships from all races carry them.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:23

Not impossible though. feeding the wild IBL fabs is not the only way to do it.

Board enough Yaki TLs in Sentaors Badlands/Weavers tempest and sooner or later you'll cap one with some IBLs on board.

Edit: Ninja'd

funkytrousers
x3tc

Post by funkytrousers » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:29

Sorry, yeah, this is in AP 3.0. Good to know that there can at least be Ares flying around, I'll probably keep looking. I may need a TP after all, since the Kraken and Cobra I passed both had defensive Marines on board.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:34

EDIT: Confirmed AP. OK then, looks like it's go on the Senshi unless you want to go to the trouble of offending the Paranid military for an Ares.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

darth_adversor

Post by darth_adversor » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:43

thatguyfromvienna wrote:You'll have serious issues getting enough IBLs to outfit your ships if the Yaki don't like you...
Not really. In TC (not sure about AP), there's a pirate IBL forge you can hack in Loomanstrack's (sp) Legacy. The Yaki hate me, and I have plenty of IBL's.
The Pirates government wishes to thank you for your outstanding efforts against crime. :?

Core i5-2500k @ 4.5 . Radeon 6950 2GB . 8GB DDR3-1600 . 52" HDTV :D

thatguyfromvienna

Post by thatguyfromvienna » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 20:51

darth_adversor wrote:Not really. In TC (not sure about AP), there's a pirate IBL forge you can hack in Loomanstrack's (sp) Legacy. The Yaki hate me, and I have plenty of IBL's.
That forge won't exist for too long.
At some point, some race fleet will turn it into dust.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 22:26

There's life beyond IBL's.

darth_adversor

Post by darth_adversor » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 23:07

Imgran wrote:There's life beyond IBL's.
Not everyone runs a Paranid ship...because we all know what you were thinking. :) If you're running a Split or Teladi M7 (some of the more popular choices amongst M7's), then the IBL is really the only viable capital-class weapon. That makes it kind of a big deal.
The Pirates government wishes to thank you for your outstanding efforts against crime. :?

ajm317
x4

Post by ajm317 » Mon, 8. Jul 13, 23:34

I don't think I've ever seen a Senshi. Do they exist in the wild or only at the shipyard?

In regards to IBL's, personally I found it much faster to cap them than to buy them. Yaki capital ships in Senator's Badlands and Pirate ships in Mercenaries Rift spawn almost immediately after they're removed and occasionally you can take them with their IBL's intact, at which point you have more than enough for a Tiger.

You can also play through Shady Business and buy some IBL forges from the Yaki, then you're free to tick them off as much as you want.

funkytrousers
x3tc

Post by funkytrousers » Tue, 9. Jul 13, 04:11

It's funny how this started with me asking about M7Ms, and has become more about sourcing IBLs (I always got plenty from my boarding OPs for myself, and I don't generally trust the AI to pilot my M7s, so the bigger ships in my fleet can use other guns).

I'll take it that I probably can find an Ares, but probably not a Senshi. And, if the one I find has marines aboard, then I'll suck it up and board via a TP rather than just using my M6.

leos89

Post by leos89 » Tue, 9. Jul 13, 05:11

Saw an Ares flying in one of the pirate sectors above Paranid space, Mi Ton Refuge or somewhere in that area.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Tue, 9. Jul 13, 06:01

darth_adversor wrote:
Imgran wrote:There's life beyond IBL's.
Not everyone runs a Paranid ship...because we all know what you were thinking. :)
Deiiiiiiimoooooooossssss!

Still can't believe they were only gonna pay me 1M credits to recover that thing. Some stupid Paranid is sitting at a desk somewhere near Omicron Lyrae wishing they hadn't given me the coordinates.

:D

LOL I know what you're saying, and sadly nothing can redeem the Argon M7's (either one of them) in terms of anti-capital combat. Argons just don't do M7's well. I guess that's why the Argon got the Griffon.

darth_adversor

Post by darth_adversor » Tue, 9. Jul 13, 07:09

funkytrousers wrote:It's funny how this started with me asking about M7Ms, and has become more about sourcing IBLs...
Sorry OP, I guess we did sort of hijack your thread. And I'm going to hijack it a little bit more for a second, then I'm done.
Imgran wrote:Deiiiiiiimoooooooossssss!

Still can't believe they were only gonna pay me 1M credits to recover that thing. Some stupid Paranid is sitting at a desk somewhere near Omicron Lyrae wishing they hadn't given me the coordinates.

:D

LOL I know what you're saying, and sadly nothing can redeem the Argon M7's (either one of them) in terms of anti-capital combat. Argons just don't do M7's well. I guess that's why the Argon got the Griffon.
Yeah, seriously...what's the deal with the Argon M7's? And I hope you realize that you probably put that poor Paranid out of a job.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 9. Jul 13, 10:09

funkytrousers wrote:It's funny how this started with me asking about M7Ms, and has become more about sourcing IBLs (I always got plenty from my boarding OPs for myself, and I don't generally trust the AI to pilot my M7s, so the bigger ships in my fleet can use other guns).

I'll take it that I probably can find an Ares, but probably not a Senshi. And, if the one I find has marines aboard, then I'll suck it up and board via a TP rather than just using my M6.
Check the military outposts in Paranid space, they often have ships home based to a military outpost and it will also tell you where they are. Also you can often get an Ares flying through the pirate sectors. Come to think of it you can often get a M7M in military patrols that often fly through pirate alley, a lot easier to hijack them there than in a races sectors.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Tue, 9. Jul 13, 16:04

darth_adversor wrote:[
Yeah, seriously...what's the deal with the Argon M7's? And I hope you realize that you probably put that poor Paranid out of a job.
I'm guessing here, but I'd say the Argon don't take the M7 class seriously as a capital ship combat vessel, they reserve that job for the Titan and use the Cerberus/Astreus to protect their destroyers against counterattacks by carriers.

That, and the Argons (via OTAS) pioneered the M7M class, and still field some of the better offerings in that arena.

Regardless, the Profit Guild definitely dominates the M7 class between the Deimos, the Aggy, the Panther, and the Tiger. I'd easily take a Shrike over a Cerberus as well.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”