NPCs dropping crates when OOS

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

memia
x3tc

NPCs dropping crates when OOS

Post by memia » Thu, 11. Jul 13, 18:33

Hey All,
I was wondering whether anyone would know if the logic that controls whether a ship drops a crate is located in any of the usual script files?

I've noticed (in my game anyway) that ships and stations that are destroyed OOS do not seem to drop crates at all. Is this congruent with everyone else's experience?

I would like destroyed ships to drop crates OOS and need to have a look at the code that controls this. I've had a decent look through the script files but can't see it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
M
A security system is only as strong as its weakest link

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. Jul 13, 20:51

Ships/stations that are destroyed OOS do not drop anything. That's not controlled by scripts, but hardcoded. You could probably script something by tying a script to SIGNAL_ATTACKED and/or SIGNAL_KILLED getting all the wares in the cargo room of a ship and randomly eject some before its destroyed or create respective flying wares (in containers).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 00:37

X2-Illuminatus wrote:You could probably script something by tying a script to SIGNAL_ATTACKED and/or SIGNAL_KILLED getting all the wares in the cargo room of a ship and randomly eject some before its destroyed or create respective flying wares (in containers).
That works indeed, the loot system in xtc uses this method.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

memia
x3tc

Post by memia » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 15:10

Thanks, both.

I'll start work as per your suggestion X2-Illuminatus.

M
A security system is only as strong as its weakest link

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”