CAG Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

firefly2442

CAG Question

Post by firefly2442 » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 05:41

I'm new to X3. I saved up a ton of money and bought a cattle ranch and stuck it in Home of Light. I have an AI Mercury transport that I'm trying to setup CAG for. This way he can go and buy/sell stuff for the station. I have the Homebase set to to the cattle ranch. I went in and setup commercial representation, setup a max of 2 jumps away, the station has plenty of money, etc. However, when he goes and runs CAG missions to get energy cells, it says 0.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/4539/p8q0.jpg

I watched him go all the way to The Hole, dock, and then come back with nothing. Is there a setting I'm missing for how much to buy? I just want him to buy as much as possible.

Also, do CAG pilots on the first level only buy supplies for the station? They never sell the supplies?

Thanks

Hrodeth
x3tc

Post by Hrodeth » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 06:00

Pilot qualifications

Apprentice
The apprentice will take care of purchasing resources. During this probationary period the pilot does not receive salary.

Courier
The Courier handles not only resources, but also sells products. In addition, he can deal at Equipment Docks and Trade Stations; he can also be assigned to them. The Courier gets 20 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each flight.

Supplier
The Supplier coordinates with his homebase and in-sector colleagues. He also buys fighter drones from local stations and buys more speed and manoeuvrability upgrades. The Supplier gets 25 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each flight.

Trader
The Trader can deal with not only products and resources, but can buy or sell a complex's intermediate products. He can also use the Jumpdrive. The Trader gets 30 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each flight.

Dealer
The Dealer gets information about the homebase's financial situation, and can clear out his factory's products if there are not enough credits available. Also, he pays more attention to the trader radio chatter and avoids sectors where hostiles are reported. The Dealer gets 35 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each trip.

Major Dealer
The Major Dealer stays informed of prices during flight and will change course for a better deal. He will also repair his ship at a shipyard if required. The Major Dealer gets 40 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each flight.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=275924

gi_ty
x4

Post by gi_ty » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 06:46

Not sure why hes not buying any resources, however in my early game I just used buy/sell for best price using two freighters since you already have 1 setup for CAG I would leave it because when they are trained up they're awesome. Also what is useful for when you are getting ready to expand is buy a few discoverers (or whatever fast ship for cheap) and set them up to fly to station using CLS in a circle in safe space. They will train up pretty quickly and then you never have to deal with noob CAG again.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 15:17

Either the resources he went to buy changed price, and now they're more expensive than he's allowed to pay, or else some NPC sold the resources to your Ranch and now it doesn't need them.

In short, he's heading home because he's got no work to do. The Argon Prime vicinity has a surplus of just about everything already (except enough TS ships to move it), so it's not the ideal place to build a Station (aside from some end-user items like 1Mj shields, Chips, Computer Components, etc.).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”