(TC) OOS Patrols missing from game when I reload the game.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Rogue Trader
xr

(TC) OOS Patrols missing from game when I reload the game.

Post by The Rogue Trader » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 16:45

I just started playing today and I have 2 Boreas and a Python + its fighter wwing missing from where I assigned them to patrol. The first Boreas was assigned to defend the west gate in Ocean of Fantasy, the second was defending the North Gate in Family Njy, the Python and the 10 Chimera's were defending the South gate in Ceo's Doubt. There is nothing in the message log to say they had been destroyed. Anyone one else had ships MIA or AWOL ?

Deathtoll666
x2

Post by Deathtoll666 » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 16:57

if you go into a sector where you have a ship or ships defending a station, it's possible they were in contact with that station when you entered and died as a result. i entered blue profit where i had 4 springblossoms defending the complex. when i opened the sector map, i noticed 3 of them had no shields and maybe 10% hull remaining. whenever i get "one of your ships is under attack", i always check them to see if they got damaged. when i would check, the usual was a little shield damage but no hull damage.

seems likely that's what happened. i'm not sure about the "no message" as i haven't had a ship die due to contact with a station/collision yet.
playing Vanilla AP.
Death is like a box of chocolates. You lie in your box until somebody digs you out and eats you.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 17:00

It is more likely that you may have inadvertently changed a display option so that they are not being reported in the Sector map or your Property listing.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 17:02

No, i have no reason to enter the aforementioned sectors as atm I'm flying around buying the chips for the hub plot. And I never enter sectors where I have my chiplexes either to avoid the collision problem.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”