Ship repair

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

plaguevictim

Ship repair

Post by plaguevictim » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 17:12

I have tried to search for information on how to repair my ship but what I found doesn't work. I read that you can exit your ship and fire at it to use a repair laser to repair it. However when I press fire nothing happens. Do you need to buy this repair laser? If so where can I get one from?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 17:31

Which game are you playing? The mentioned repair laser is only available in X3TC and X3AP. In previous games you have to take your ship to a shipyard, where it can be repaired.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 17:34

The repair laser is built into your spacesuit.

The fire button should result in a beam shooting from the right side of the screen. You will want to stay close to the ship you are repairing so you don't get run over by local traffic.

Reenter you ship and confirm that the fire button is currently working, if it is, eject from the ship and try again.

I have had instances when the keyboard controls stop working (I haven't identified what key combination causes it). Exiting the game and reentering the game solves the problem.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”