Just killed Xenon P with Buster Vanguard in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

samoja

Just killed Xenon P with Buster Vanguard in AP

Post by samoja » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 20:26

So in light of our recent discussion i made myself a Buster Vanguard at my HQ and armed it with one set of twin MD, one set of twin PRG and one set of twin PAC(btw, you know you are rich when you build a plex for PRG/MD/MD ammo, just to equip one ship :D ) anyway i was flying it and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, i use MD for M3s, PAC for M4s and PRG for M5s. I got down to Circle of Labor and there was a P engaging several Terran fighters(i think there was 1 M3 and two M4s) so i kill the Terrans, and i have a crazy idea, could i use MDs(i had somewhere over 3000 bullets left) to kill that P, and sure enough i had to speed off to recharge and repair my hull several times(it never went below 90%) but in the end i killed that P, too bad when i called in a freighter for resupply i bumped into passing Argon Cap and blew up, still... Did you ever do something as crazy as this, and succeed?

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 22:14

It depends. Do you count attacking a Xenon Q with nothing but a TM, 3 Nova Raiders armed with PRG's and Wasps, and about 20 fighter drones?

(I won, but lost 2 of my Novas because I had to fly the TM and use it as a missile platform)
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

willyshop
x3ap

Post by willyshop » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 22:15

Does destroying all the xenon stations in a sector with a kestral count?
Station Placement Assistance Script
"Split alive!"
Not anymore, you're not.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 22:19

A claim like that needs pictures or it didn't happen.

willyshop
x3ap

Post by willyshop » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 22:27

That was before I had figured out how to take screenshots in X3. But the key is to let the Xenon do all the heavy lifting.
"Split alive!"
Not anymore, you're not.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 22:27

He probably found a tiny crevasse somewhere nothing could hit him, set his guns to fire indefinitely and walked away.

willyshop
x3ap

Post by willyshop » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 22:32

No, I just hung around and watched while the xenon fired everything they had at me. I also had to move around to keep them all on the far side of the station so I could be ready to punch it when it the station blew up.
"Split alive!"
Not anymore, you're not.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 22:33

Did you get the big boys to fire on their own station then?

Friendly fire with a vengeance :twisted:

I did wonder how a kestrel with it's mighty IREs could possibly damage the stations shields faster than they could recharge.

samoja

Post by samoja » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 22:34

willyshop wrote:Does destroying all the xenon stations in a sector with a kestral count?
Have you driven it in some kind of cranny in the station? I bet you did, Sure it counts if you did it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”