CLS 1 behaviour query

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregorovitch
x4

CLS 1 behaviour query

Post by Gregorovitch » Sun, 14. Jul 13, 00:00

I am trying to figure out why my internal CLS ships have started behaving sub-optimally following a series of complex expansions. I have:

1 SPP complex on the Antigone silicon roids
1 ore mine in Atigone
2 weapons complexes (Argon Prime & Seizewell)
1 chip/tube complex (Argon prime)

All was well until the recent expansion on 2nd XL SPP at Antogone, doubling the size of Argon prime weapon complex and setting up Seizeweel weapon complex. Since then two things have happened:

1. The CLS ships (operating out of the SPP complex) have become obsessed with flying to the Antigone ore mine every trip even though its only maybe 2 or 3k under its 25k max ecell capacity before jumping off to either Argon Prime of Seizewell

2. They are extremely reluctant all of a sudden to deliver silicon wafers to the chip/tube complex in Argon prime which is now constantly running out, despite there being 3400 in stock at the Antigone SPP complex

So why? I have this hypothesis and would be grateful for a confirm/refute:

The reason the CLS ships bee-line for the ore mine is that if its ecell stock is ~21/22k out of 25 max that is a 12-16% shortfall whereas one of the complexes with a max ecell capacity of say 175k can have 160k in stock and still have a shortfall of <10%. I.e. the CLS work on % stock shortfall to calculate priority.

The reason they won't deliver silicon wafers to the chip/tube complex is that since the addition of a second SPP the silicon mines struggle to get the wafer stock over 3.5k out of a max stock of 7k and the SPP complex won't let them go. I.e. the SPP complex prioritizes its own supplies before letting anyone else have any and this looks like 50% stock level in this case.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”