Xі: Albion Prelude: What could destroy the ship?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SergiusFacsimile
x3tc

Xі: Albion Prelude: What could destroy the ship?

Post by SergiusFacsimile » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 05:17

Reputation at all positive. I flied in Heretic's End sector. I assembled containers with rockets, torpedoes and warheads. On radar (10km), anybody and was nothing. Messages on the rocket weren't. The sound of crash with any object wasn't. The next ships terrans and argons combated further 30 kilometers (19 miles. ) from me. Anybody and never shot at me except pirates... As suddenly the ship blows up and game over... Why the such could happen? What could destroy the ship? :?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 06:48

Proximity mines?
Stray missile/torpedoe?

If OOS ,then the race with lowest rank against you will open fire.(Not sure if this is the case when IS).

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 09:15

Nobody attacks you while in-sector; that only happens OOS. Otherwise, maybe you hit a piece of debris; they don't show up on the map.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 15:56

What ship are you flying? It matters. A stray missile might take out an M3 or smaller, but it'd have to be a Tomahawk, Hammerhead or Firestorm to take out anything bigger.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

SergiusFacsimile
x3tc

Post by SergiusFacsimile » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 16:31

You could specify options? I do not understand that you want to explain.

My ship was called "kestrel" with 5gj sheild.

1. Mine. They can be seen? They attack the friendly ships?
2. Invisible space debris. The board is not capable to protect?
3. Stray missile/torpedo. She could explode behind a radar visibility limit (10km) and destroy my ship?

thsk

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 16:40

So an M5. Could be a stray beam weapon then. Just about anything that can inflict damage can kill a light fighter that doesn't know it's coming.

marksman021
x4

Post by marksman021 » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 17:02

Well, the Kestral has 5MJ of shielding, not 5GJ and I suspect that you hit a small space rock when flying at full speed. Did you have the auto-pilot on?

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 19:09

If it's one of those super snazzy kestrels that move at 600 m/s that's very likely what happened. The autopilot does bad with anything moving that fast.

willyshop
x3ap

Post by willyshop » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 01:10

Mines will detonate against any ship, friend or foe, but I've never seen them in a war sector before. Of course that doesn't mean they're not there.

Sometimes you just get smacked in the rear by a big "game over" sign. This happens alarmingly often with small, fast ships like the kestrel.
Station Placement Assistance Script
"Split alive!"
Not anymore, you're not.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 02:56

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the Kestrel on full SATA thinks it's colliding with itself and blows up.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”