Requesting permission to build X3 MMORPG.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xen Silenus

Requesting permission to build X3 MMORPG.

Post by Xen Silenus » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 05:50

I'de like to make an X3 based MMORPG, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes about copyrights or anything like that. It will be considered a fan made game, will be 100% free and no money will be made from it.

The game is mostly made, all I need is ship models installed and importing some of X3 graphics and ideas into the MMORPG.

The game will be a remake of my old MMORPG "Solus Prime"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oly4YAbP64I

Cool?
Keep pressing "J" hoping my internet would go faster..

Spartus
x3ap

Post by Spartus » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 05:59

the video you linked is 3.5 years old and seems to have nothing to do with your post...

also im sure you will soon be told that your post is not going to get you official sanction to rip off someone else's IP. but I'm sure someone else will be along soon to help you with your request politely.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 06:02

The concept would be fun, but yeah, I can't see this working out as a result of a couple posts on an internet forum.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 07:56

Xen Silenus wrote:I'de like to make an X3 based MMORPG, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes about copyrights or anything like that.
Then the first thing you should do is contacting Egosoft directly and ask for the permission to use X3 materials. See the Company -> Contacts section on egosoft.com for a contact email address or write an email to Bernd (Managing Director of Egosoft) directly, see the EGOSOFT and the modding community sticky for his email address.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”