X3:Reunion, my sector trader isn't working.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dogboy122
x4

X3:Reunion, my sector trader isn't working.

Post by dogboy122 » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 19:45

I recently got an Mercury TS to use as a sector trader. But when I order it to sector trade, all it does is fly to the sector. And then in the orders section of the property menu, where it says "buy ware for best price" it just cycles all the wares in the game with a zero next to them. After that, the ship resets it's command to standby. Here is what's equipped to the Mercury:
3 5MJ shields, some extensions, fight command software MK1 and MK2. And
trade command software MK3. Only once did the ship trade anything, and all it did was buy some meatsteaks, fly around with them, and then sell them back to the station it bought them from :roll: .

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 19:48

It's just telling you that it can't currently find any bargains in that sector. What sector do you have it in?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

dogboy122
x4

Post by dogboy122 » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 19:50

Nanook wrote:It's just telling you that it can't currently find any bargains in that sector. What sector do you have it in?
I tried it in Argon Prime, Atreus Clouds, Cloud Base SE (this was the sector when it tried to trade meat) and Home of Light.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 19:57

With the exception of possibly Home of Light, none of those sectors are good for training a sector trader. A sector needs a good mix of resources and buyers to be useful. Try to find a sector that has, at a minimum, one or two SPP's, a couple of bio factories (cattle ranches and wheat farms), some food factories to buy those resources, and then some tech factories that buys the food.

The Wall and The Hole meet most of those requirements in Argon space, but the most recommended sector is probably Empire's Edge in Paranid space.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

dogboy122
x4

Post by dogboy122 » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 20:15

I just sent him to The Wall, and he just started selling E-cells, and I've already gotten a fair bit of profit. Thanks for the help. :) Also after he trades, he docks to the station and won't trade anymore, is it supposed to do that?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 16. Jul 13, 20:47

They go on standby until they see another good deal. But they have to see a place to buy as well as a place to sell. At the lower levels, it can take quite a while for it to level up enough to start visiting more than one sector. You just have to be patient with them. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”