XT3 Reunion - Plot fails near the beginning when you're in space suit

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alowe

XT3 Reunion - Plot fails near the beginning when you're in space suit

Post by alowe » Thu, 18. Jul 13, 17:38

CPU: Intel I5 3.8GHz Quad
GPU: nVidia GeForce Zotac GTX 460
RAM: 3.5gb accessable (8gb installed)
Audio: Realtek (on board)
Version: 2.5
Mods/Installs: In order, X-Reunion pre v1.4, upgraded to 2.5, Bonus Package v3.1.07, Cockpit recall, XTM 0.7a
Game Type: Plot

The first sign that something is wrong is the chase scene beforehand. The music stops prematurely before the ship leaves the planet but voice sound continues. Then when Julian is ejected into space the screen is totally black then whites out. You can hear the computer saying that there'll be visor failure in 30 seconds but can't see anything then just die.

It's not possible to continue the plot game from that point.

I had no problem before installing XTM but don't want to uninstall it and lose the saves. So, do I need to reinstall? What order? And if so, will I be able to continue from saves or have to restart from the beginning?

EDIT: Moderators - I am aware that XTM is a mod but since it is such an extensively used mod hosted by egosoft I'd appreciate if this thread wasn't locked before others who may have the solution have had a chance to reply.

navetta
x3ap

Post by navetta » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 07:57

Im using XTM as well but didnt have this issue, if I remember correctly once you are in the space suit you just need to reach the Goner ship and it will trigger a cutscene. Is there any way you can spot the ship before the screen goes white? If so head towards it and wait for the cutscene.

alowe

Post by alowe » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 15:38

No joy. The screen blanks out straight after ship explodes with Dogan on it so I don't have any time to get bearings or anything. The only other option is to uninstall everything and try again from scratch.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”