Lost my first LT today...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

darth_adversor

Lost my first LT today...

Post by darth_adversor » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 08:07

Well crap, I guess OSHA is gonna be up my butt now. "0" days since last workplace injury.

Do the Yaki just spawn randomly throughout the universe, or do their ships actually travel from sector to sector?

It's all good, though. I got my revenge in the end.

Poetic justice
The Pirates government wishes to thank you for your outstanding efforts against crime. :?

Core i5-2500k @ 4.5 . Radeon 6950 2GB . 8GB DDR3-1600 . 52" HDTV :D

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 10:56

And that would be why I try not to antagonize the Yaki. The random pirates are enough to deal with. Besides, having a place to reliably get ahold of IBLs is quite nice.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 12:51

They can be your best friends or your worst enemies. They spawn all over the place and tend to be slightly more dangerous than pirates.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 13:12

The Tenjin is totally worth the loss of an LT. It's one of my favorite fighters in the game.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 16:19

I agree. Losing the LT sucks, but the Tenjin is awesome. EBC and PBE FTW.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 16:23

EBC and PBG ftw :D

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 16:36

Depends on what you're trying to do. PBE is for capturing, or softening a ship up to be boarded. Might use PBG if I wasn't interested in the ship surviving.

I always mount a handful of PBE on any ship that can equip them. They're very efficient at stripping components off an opposing target quickly.

darth_adversor

Post by darth_adversor » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 05:01

Yes, Imgran actually brought the Tenjin to my attention recently and I've been wanting one since. So I'm glad I finally capped one. 9 forward guns and 2 turrets FTW.
The Pirates government wishes to thank you for your outstanding efforts against crime. :?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 14:20

Nah I'm not usually interested in the target surviving. What do I need fighters for when I'm buying them 500 at a time? :D
EBC+PBG is for when you wanna take out everything.
The Tenjin and the Venti are just pure awesome. Tons of gun slots, can mount killer combos, got turrets for missile defence, reasonable shields for an M3 and go fast for an M3. And they look cool. Win win :D

If I specifically want to cap something, I actually found "chipping" away with PBE's was less effective than slapping them hard a few times and reloading if they dont bail. Take the shields out in one, then shoot them around five ish times. If they dont bail/survive, reload. Rinse and repeat. In a purely time efficiency way you'll probably get a cap quicker than slowly drilling away at them. But yes PBG definitely not the tool for that.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 17:10

I give a thumbs up to buying the Tenjin.
Paranid Medusa is nice too.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 19:45

darth_adversor wrote:Yes, Imgran actually brought the Tenjin to my attention recently and I've been wanting one since. So I'm glad I finally capped one. 9 forward guns and 2 turrets FTW.
... and decent shielding, a large cargo bay, EBC compatibility, and really good speed (180+ for an M3+ fighter is rock solid). Turret coverage is very good too.

Besides, it just looks badass, doesn't it?

I'll take the Tenjin over any M3+ not named Venti. The Tenjin and Venti are a rough wash -- Venti's faster, a little better armed, a little better shielded, Tenjin's more maneuverable and has better weapons options (and is easier to obtain, at least in TC!).

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 20:26

Tenjin's actually a pretty close competitor to the Split Chimera. Chimera's got a bit more acceleration, steering, hull strength (in TC at least), laser recharge and capacity, and cargo space. Tenjin is slightly cheaper, mounts PBGs, and has a better shield reactor. I've had good results with both.

I also like the Cutlass. Cheaper than either, almost as fast, twice the shielding (always the biggest concern with AI fighters) and more armor than the Chim, shield reactor is a bit less powerful than the Tenjin and laser endurance outdoes them both. Downsides are smaller cargo bay than Tenjin and the fact it can only mount EMPCs, but you'd be surprised how little that actually matters.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 20:29

Prefer the Scimitar to the Cutlass myself. Cutlass doesn't have the weapons versatility to pull off what it's trying to be, which is the Terran version of the blastclaw.

Berserkenstein
x3tc

Post by Berserkenstein » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 21:27

StarSword wrote:Tenjin's actually a pretty close competitor to the Split Chimera. Chimera's got a bit more acceleration, steering, hull strength (in TC at least), laser recharge and capacity, and cargo space. Tenjin is slightly cheaper, mounts PBGs, and has a better shield reactor. I've had good results with both.

I also like the Cutlass. Cheaper than either, almost as fast, twice the shielding (always the biggest concern with AI fighters) and more armor than the Chim, shield reactor is a bit less powerful than the Tenjin and laser endurance outdoes them both. Downsides are smaller cargo bay than Tenjin and the fact it can only mount EMPCs, but you'd be surprised how little that actually matters.
The thing I don't like about the terran fighters is that they have nothing like the tempest missile.

They can use spectres, but it is a bad idea to equip them with it. This is because when they fire the spectre, it instantly kills them if it gets shot down if it is too close.
I'll see you on the other side!

darth_adversor

Post by darth_adversor » Tue, 23. Jul 13, 03:04

Yeah, I do think the Tenjin is one of the more aesthetically pleasing fighters. I'm definitely a fan, especially if i could afford it for large-scale carrier use. As for a personal fighter, I've used it a bit and I like it, though I still prefer either the Advanced Perseus for general use, or the Spitfyre for intercepting.

The Scimitar and Cutlass are odd ships in my opinion. The Scimitar has good stats, but it seems like it should have a rear turret. And the split between 4x turrets and 4x mains on the Cutlass is just weird. I did think about going with an all Terran loadout for my Tokyo, but until I unlock Terran factories, that's just not realistic. But I'd probably go with the Scimitar if I ever decided to do that.

I never really looked at the Chimera before. Since I'm not on good terms with the Yaki and don't plan on being either, that's a solid alternative. I still really like the Falcon Hauler for its survivability though.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 23. Jul 13, 04:17

Honestly the biggest problem with the Tenjin is that there's no equipment dock in Weaver's Tempest so you can't batch-equip them, whereas all the Split shipyards that carry Chimeras have EQ docks.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”