Good sector trader training spots?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IConquer
x3ap

Good sector trader training spots?

Post by IConquer » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 10:23

I've been wanting to improve relations with races other than argon, and I don't really want to put too much work into it, since I'm personally usually off hunting for pirate ships to steal.

The best way that I know of is through sector and universe traders, but my small fleet of universe traders haven't been increasing my recognition with other races very quickly. I figured that I'd put my new sector traders in the future at one of their systems, but I don't really know too many systems that are good for training up a sector trader.

The best ones I know of are:
- Ore belt (it's actually a bit destroyed right now. For some reason the mines are all gone, so it's not useful for my playthrough right now)
- Empire's edge
- Power circle
- The Wall

And that's about all that I know of and/or have had moderate success with. What systems in split, teladi, or boron space have typically good sector trader conditions?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 10:25

Which game?

IConquer
x3ap

Post by IConquer » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 10:25

X3:AP.

Whoops... I'm usually good about specifying that.

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 10:43

IConquer wrote:X3:AP.

No big matter i think. .. Try start sector trader from core system sectors, like Argon Prime, Seizewell or Cardinals Domain and set max. jump radius 3. Always works.

P.

IConquer
x3ap

Post by IConquer » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 10:52

bufi wrote:
IConquer wrote:X3:AP.

No big matter i think. .. Try start sector trader from core system sectors, like Argon Prime, Seizewell or Cardinals Domain and set max. jump radius 3. Always works.

P.
That doesn't work for level 1 sector traders. What I'm saying is I want to train up new sector traders in boron, teladi, or split systems to improve relations. I already have a few argon spots and a good paranid spot, so those races already have great relations with me.

Berserkenstein
x3tc

Post by Berserkenstein » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 11:09

Profit Share for Teladi.

Tkr's Deprivation for Split.

Queen Space for Boron.

This is for beginner mk 3 traders.

I think it is better to just do missions for boron and split if you want rep.

Their territories are prone to xenon invasions and their safer areas are only good for traders that can travel 2-3 sectors.

Their rapid response team will jump the moment you are in sector trying to do combat missions, but when it comes to the safety of your traders they never respond. :roll:
I'll see you on the other side!

IConquer
x3ap

Post by IConquer » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 11:16

Berserkenstein wrote:Profit Share for Teladi.

Tkr's Deprivation for Split.

Queen Space for Boron.

This is for beginner mk 3 traders.

I think it is better to just do missions for boron and split if you want rep.

Their territories are prone to xenon invasions and their safer areas are only good for traders that can travel 2-3 sectors.

Their rapid response team will jump the moment you are in sector trying to do combat missions, but when it comes to the safety of your traders they never respond. :roll:
Thanks for the help!

Safety isn't a primary concern for me at this point, as I have the funding to fully upgrade a ship (jumpdrive included) before even starting the sector traders. Any time a ship is attacked I'll just order him to safety and respond to the threat. The reason I don't want to be doing missions, though, is that I spend all my personal piloting time in pirate sectors looking for m6's to capture. My eventual goal is to get my hands on a brigantine and galleon :D

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 16:38

I'd also recommend Akeela's Beacon. There's a lot of energy cells that need need to find a loving home there. It's slower, but very dependable.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

Hrodeth
x3tc

Post by Hrodeth » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 21:00

Company Pride does well in my experience. It's not so much a sector that you should focus on...it's what is in the sector, and how far apart everything is + speed of the ship.

Logically you go for abundant energy, and at least two factory types that work on the same chain of productions. For example - Energy - Sunrise Flowers- Nostrop Oil.

funkytrousers
x3tc

Post by funkytrousers » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 00:14

Will blacklist manager work to keep UTs out of good training grounds? If so, I'm tempted to fill some gaps with player-owned, min-sell, max-buy, don't-trade-with-AI stations to make training faster.

willyshop
x3ap

Post by willyshop » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 01:42

Since they can vary from game to game and even from time to time, I like to find the good ones by just buying a buttload of freighters and starting them all at once in different sectors, keeping an eye on which ones level quickly and moving the ones that don't.
Station Placement Assistance Script
"Split alive!"
Not anymore, you're not.

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 01:43

funkytrousers wrote:Will blacklist manager work to keep UTs out of good training grounds? If so, I'm tempted to fill some gaps with player-owned, min-sell, max-buy, don't-trade-with-AI stations to make training faster.
It will keep them out of good trading grounds, but the Blacklist Manager isn't just for UT's, it's for all Mk3 traders - you might be locking out your single-sector traders as well.

Test it out - blacklist Empire's Edge, then try to tell a fresh level 1 trader to trade there. It might not work. If it still does, you're gold.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”