weapon groups doesnt switch

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

vargata
x3ap

weapon groups doesnt switch

Post by vargata » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 11:17

Hi there. i have a simple problem, but i dont know if its intended to work this way or not. when i switch my weapon groups the side turrets dont follow the switch, i have to F1 through all the turrets if i wanna switch the weapon groups for them...

(i put 1 IPG 1PAC on each turret and i thought i can switch between them as i need but it seems it isnt the case :/ ) can it be fixed or at least to make it an optional choice?

thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 14:10

That is working as intended unfortunately. The weapon group is selected for main front battery and each turret separately when you are in the relevant screen via F1. Also be aware that only the turret weapons in the selected turret groups count towards the overall ship firepower for OOS combat calculations (even though there is no actual turret combat OOS).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

vargata
x3ap

Post by vargata » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 16:29

really sad. i hope sooner or later ego will decide to listen to his customers cos atm it seems they doesnt. I had my reunion long long time ago with the main problems that AI is silly as hell, as the ships manoeuvring around the asteroids and other object is incredible, fighter carriers are useless as the fighters suicide on undock, the traders other than sector traders with 2-3 jumps range useless, no traders or support ships to supply your stations... i know there are mods around but i paid for ego, and i want my game working. these things i think pretty basics.

now i bought tc and ap cos i thought the past years (how many? 6-7???) were just enough for some improvement, but no, the AI is the same stupid, the route finding is the same stupid the weapons and ships are still totally unbalanced... I think my last ego game is AP (fixing these thing would be a lasy afternoon even for me without knowing their codes. its not about possibilities, its about they dont want to work on it /but sure they want money for it/)

sad 'cos the world is so much living, the scripting features are great, the graphics is beautiful, the game idea is great, the races and stories are fantastic... why they cant take care of these basic details? tiny changes would make this the best ever spacesim, but now instead we have got an annoying game makes me remembering in every minute that its not my parallel life just a software

sry for the rant...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”