Trading Extension Broken?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thelebk
x3ap

Trading Extension Broken?

Post by thelebk » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 12:10

Playing main plot vanilla rebirth. I finally have a trading ship. I purchased the "Trade Extension" as both the manual and all the online descriptions say you can use it to view prices without docking. No where in the manual or online is there any indication that it requires any other type of add on such as the best buys locator to perform this function. So how do I get it to work? there appears to be no option to use the thing. I want to check all the prices in the sector I am in without a satellite and without docking. How do I make the trading extension provide this data? Thanks.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 12:22

Target the station in question, open the target menu (default hotkey i) and click on either "info" (default hotkey u) or "trade" (default hotkey d).

That's it. The trading system extension will automatically provide information on prices for the various resources and stuff that the station can buy or sell.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 12:46

.. and it needs to be on the ship that you are flying.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 13:11

Until you have a ship or satelite "in-sector", you have to be in the sector to see the prices.
else you will only get a slide bar indicating stock levels.
low stock = high price
high stock = low price.

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 21:51

Thanks all I am manually trading so am in sector. Is there a range that I have to be to a station to get this data? I hope the keys posted work... I have found that when most people post key commands they don't work in rebirth as most people are playing one of the newer games with expanded features which Rebirth does not have....

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 05:29

I assume you are talking about reunion?

But even as far back as then. If you have any asset present in a sector, you will be able to see the prices for wares in any station in that sector if you open up the info panel for that station. Regardless of what that asset is, or where it is in the sector.

If you try to look at the info of a station in a sector you do not have an asset in, or if you do not have the trading system extension installed, instead of prices all you will see will be ???.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 05:31

edit: What Infekted said.

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 04:01

The hotkeys do not work as the menus are slightly different in reunion but I was able to get it working. Thanks all.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”