Automated Traders

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thelebk
x3ap

Automated Traders

Post by thelebk » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 00:39

Can anyone post a link to a guide on how to set up an automated trader? I want my Mercury making money while I fly around in my buster. Thanks playing vanilla Reunion.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 02:11

By vanilla do you mean yes or no on the bonus pack? If yes, then you have CLS to work with, and even though the guide in my sig is for TC the concepts are applicable.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 05:31

I think you are probably referring to the vanilla trade command mk3. There's plenty of guides on all the types of trade software in the guides section at the top of the forum.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 05:37

The list of guides is here, stickied at the top of the forum.

Scroll down to the end of the list, and look under the Trading section for [X3R]. Seem to be about 8 guides; Sector and Universe Trader by WillWilk seems to be the one you're looking for.

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 03:58

I own X3 gold. It came with Reunion, TC, and AP. Do I have the bonus packs? I have no idea. Are they incorporated into gold? I am not looking for sector and universe trading guides. Those require the MK III trade software which is $500,000 credits and I will not be to afford for a long time. Nor do I want to spend time micro managing by MORTing. I was hoping there was some way to keep my trading making money with minimal effort on my part while I explore with my buster.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 05:36

Download the bonus pack. It's in a sticky maybe five or six down from the top of this forum. Then you can set up CLS freighters. They set up much cheaper than 500,000 credit Mk3 software, if set up properly they make more money, and they are truly 'fire and forget' which Mk3 traders aren't.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 06:43

Does the bonus pack void achievements or lead to any problems or incompatibilities?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 07:11

thelebk wrote:Does the bonus pack void achievements or lead to any problems or incompatibilities?
Nope. It contains 'officially sanctioned' add on scripts and does not activate the 'modified' tag on your game. Basically, everyone (might be an exception out there I guess, but not many if any) who says they play 'unmodded' or 'vanilla' or 'unmodified' uses the bonus pack.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 07:41

Ok sounds like I have nothing to lose.. I assume there is some kind of readme with the pack which explains what it adds.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 16:28

thelebk wrote:Ok sounds like I have nothing to lose.. I assume there is some kind of readme with the pack which explains what it adds.
I think there is...and the forum thread with the download in it is very thorough in descriptions...as I assume you found out if you went to download it.

By the way, user interface on some of the bonus pack components is vastly improved from Reunion to TC, so if you get too frustrated it may be worth moving on to TC rather than playing through in order.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 17:06

thelebk wrote:Ok sounds like I have nothing to lose...
Erm... As I recall you are knee deep in the Reunion plotline? Then I suggest you to wait with the automated traders and finish the plot first.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 19:07

Rive wrote:
thelebk wrote:Ok sounds like I have nothing to lose...
Erm... As I recall you are knee deep in the Reunion plotline? Then I suggest you to wait with the automated traders and finish the plot first.
As I remember the Reunion plotline...

I was rolling along fat dumb and happy doing the plot when it gave me my next mission...which called for building something that I had nowhere near enough credits to even think about. At that point I had no choice but to step back and figure out how to earn some credits. I'm guessing that's where thelebk is now.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 23:07

You need relatively few credits for that, and the cost of setting up a number of CLS freighters would probably cover it. But the real problem with setting these things up ahead of time is the part of the plot where
Spoiler
Show
you lose control of all your assets and the Paranid become your enemies until the plot is complete.
That can be disasterous for someone who has a bunch of traders spread across the universe. And that's most likely why Rive suggested finishing the plot first. And I agree.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 01:14

Nanook wrote:You need relatively few credits for that, and the cost of setting up a number of CLS freighters would probably cover it. But the real problem with setting these things up ahead of time is the part of the plot where
Spoiler
Show
you lose control of all your assets and the Paranid become your enemies until the plot is complete.
That can be disasterous for someone who has a bunch of traders spread across the universe. And that's most likely why Rive suggested finishing the plot first. And I agree.
Well, looking back on my first suggestion I did the plot with six MORTs hauling e-cells in Boron space, thus avoiding that disaster.

My problem with the Reunion plot was
Spoiler
Show
being left with a mining operation deep in Paranid space because I was in no way inclined to forgive and forget so that I could make it a usable asset.
But that's just me.

And had I known about CLS at the time I would have set up those six MORTs as CLS ships and ignored them instead of managing them from that point all the way through the end of the plot. However that experience of constant multi-tasking has served me well through years and years of playing X games.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 04:11

Thanks all-- good commentary and guidance all the way around. I am actually not too far into the main plot. I am playing reunion for continuity and to relearn my X skills. Honestly once I finish the main plot I plan to move on to TC where the game is supposed to me much better in almost every respect. I do not plan on making a large investment in Reunion assets for free form play. Ill do that in TC or AP. It does sound like there is a certain section of space then I need to avoid and not build/invest in to prevent catastrophic setback. well noted and much appreciated for the heads up!

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 04:39

OK Now I am disappointed... There appears to be no bonus pack for Reunion. The bonus pack sticky is only for TC and AP with big fat warnings NOT to install on Reunion. The only update is for a patch to reunion uplink 2.5 in the next sticky. I DL'd and installed that though I am not sure it matters since I have X3 gold V2.05 not a base Reunion installation.

I went through the read me of this apparent patch, not bonus pack, and it says nothing about CLS.... Frustrating...

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 07:18

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 07:23

thelebk wrote:The bonus pack sticky is only for TC and AP
Look in the updates sticky.

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 10:22

Timsup2nothin wrote:Link
OK I will view this link tomorrow... brutal late now. Thanks!

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 02:03

Carlo the Curious wrote:
thelebk wrote:The bonus pack sticky is only for TC and AP
Look in the updates sticky.
Ok I installed CLS Mk II software. This stuff looks really complicated. How do I make it work? I am not a programmer/scripter/modder. It seems to require a homebase for a transport using the software but I own no factories... can I still use this?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”