AP economy

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kyoo
x4

AP economy

Post by kyoo » Tue, 23. Jul 13, 18:46

Reunion had a nice little economy going where nearby systems seemed to supply each other pretty well and it wasn't too hard to find decent trade opportunities. However flying around in AP I keep seeing system after system of dead stations starving for primary resources and most of my income is coming from scavenging the aftermaths of AI battles.

What are your experiences of the AP economy? Does the god engine even have much of a chance of salvaging the situation? Because there is no way I could prop up this mess myself. :lol:

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Tue, 23. Jul 13, 20:44

I just operate under the assumption that if I want anything in number, I need to make it myself, with the possible exception of ore and silicon.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter if the economy tanks; it's not like they stop selling factories at the shipyard.

To directly answer your question, however, it seems that TC and AP's overall economy was tweaked to leave holes in it: several systems will *not* be readily supplied or bought - for example, Argon Prime space has a surfeit of Argnu Beef and nowhere to sell it.

Given this is a single-player game, it was likely done that way to provide opportunities for enterprising players. Why build your own Cattle Ranch when you can almost always just buy it for the cheapest price?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”