Help launching Albion Prelude offline

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Mr. Reeves
x4

Help launching Albion Prelude offline

Post by Mr. Reeves » Tue, 23. Jul 13, 22:49

I'm in school and had to cut off the internet to save some money. I'm ow so close to invading terran space as soon as my missle complex comes online. In fact I've got this huge master plan about how I'm going to shut down the terran economy thus, bringing them to their knees. Hint: I'm simply waiting on the required amount of squash mines. The Terrans are going to have "very bad day."

There is one more problem in my plan I did not expect given the history of great Egosoft games like x2. It won't fracking start without an internet connection to steam. Steam has ow so conveniantly forgotton my login info and now guess what! NO X3 for me. Yay! :cry:

I tried getting around it a few different ways. But it seems the .exe file tries to start steam and is written in a language I don't understand. And since steam no longer works in offline mode the game I bought no longer works. Which makes me unhappy.

As a matter of fact none of my games post 2011 work because guess where I bought them. Yep, Steam.

Given I can't take over the entire universe in real life this is a real problem. The Terrans have staved off their destruction for about 6 months if this indeed is what I must tolorate.

I can't wait that long. The details of the invasion are highly technical morso than the total anialation of the Boron Empire I pulled off in X3 because of the lack of gates. There simply is no way to write down the plan because it would take up about 100 pages because it will take about 30 hours straight with no sleep to pull off.

Thus how do I get the game to lauch now?
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 23. Jul 13, 23:18

If you run it on a desktop, and have no friend with internet access, you are out of luck!
If you run it on a laptop, just find a cafe, your dorm, your friend's house or somewhere with Free WiFi. Log on to Steam, put the game(s) in Offline mode, then put the laptop on StandBy. Bring it home, and voila, Offline mode will work.

You will have to repeat this every few weeks, as Steam's Certificate of Authentication expire.

Of course, if you are playing TC or AP, you can just run the standalone version. Sorry I have not followed X3AP closely as I should have, so I don't know if the offline version has been updated to the latest.

Hope this helps,

[EDIT] So I read your sig, and you have a desktop. A friend house is your only option then, unless you can tether from your phone!!!

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Wed, 24. Jul 13, 00:59

Just use the NoSteam .exe, downloadable here: http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/bonus_en.php

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”