[AP] Missing Satellite Station in Cloud Base SW?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

myosin2p

[AP] Missing Satellite Station in Cloud Base SW?

Post by myosin2p » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 22:17

Hello all,

So I'm looking to buy a satellite and multiple n00b (that's me!) guides say that there's a satellite factory in cloud base SW. I've looked around and can't find it, nor can I find the factories in Argon Prime. The only satellites I've bought have been in Teladi space.

So my questions relating to this are:
1) Has this station been removed between X3TC and X3AP?
2) Could this station have been destroyed by, e.g., the Paranid, who are next door?
3) Is this a bug, and is there anything short of a reinstall I can do to fix it?
4) Are there any other satellite factories in that corner of Argon space? If so, I can't find them.

Thanks!

funkytrousers
x3tc

Post by funkytrousers » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 22:25

I believe it's an advanced satellite factory there.

It could be destroyed by the Paranid (I've had them tromp in from time to time).

It could be destroyed by an act of GoD (game decides it's not making money for long enough, goes poof). This is unlikely if you're early game, but entirely possible if you abuse SETA.

If you're worried it's a bug, start a new game (say, Humble Merchant), switch to your Disco and fly straight there. Should take only a few minutes, and you'll know if it just got destroyed somehow.

I have occasionally had bugs due to game files being out of date as well --- try having Steam (did you install via Steam?) verify local files.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 22:25

1. There's a master script that we call "GOD" - the Global Decision Engine or something like that - that can remove or add NPC stations based on whether they are profitable, and in the beginning of the game they aren't, because the game is set up to wait for you to transport wares and do trading. So these stations don't get the energy or ore that they need, and the GDE script removes them.

2. Or the station could have been destroyed by the Paranid or by random pirates, which also roam around the map and randomly attack various stations and destroy them.

3. No, not a bug. Stations will typically disappear, unless you "boost" the local economy by setting up automated traders with Trade Extension Mk3 software to move goods around, and in some cases also build needed stuff like Ore Mines or BoFu and Nostrop plants.

4. There are satellite factories in a lot of places. Try Rolk's Fate; it's a Boron sector NE of The Hole. Open your in-game encyclopedia and check for Other Wares, Technology, Satellites, Info - it will give you a list of all the stations that you've discovered so far, even in passing, that sell them.

Or, open your ship's command console, and choose Trade - Remote Best Buy - Satellite or Adv. Satellite, and it will set an autopilot course to the nearest station or factory that has some.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”