Help with using CLS/CAG to supply my PHQ

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IConquer
x3ap

Help with using CLS/CAG to supply my PHQ

Post by IConquer » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 10:11

I set up a complex that produces all the materials that my PHQ needs to produce ships.

However, I've been trying to find guides and stuff for a while now, but I can't seem to catch how I'm supposed to set it up so that my ships will ferry resources to my PHQ from my complex.

The conditions I'm trying to meet, in order of priority, are:
- A minimum amount of resources in the complex's intermediate products list are left in the complex to make sure my CAG/CLS don't shut down the complex.

- A set ratio of products somewhat matching the station's resources are what they'll look like when full of stock. For example, if the ship requires 100 ore and 50 silicon to produce a ship, I want the stock of my PHQ to look something resembling 100000 ore and 50000 silicon. No exact numbers, but all products set to a max amount that I can set to reflect a ratio.

- Extra resources are funneled off to another source, such as a storage TL or something to be sold by other traders.

All the guides I've found seem to deal with npc factories and such, but I'm wanting this to be a closed loop. Any help?
Game played: X3:AP unless otherwise specified

iBeej
x3tc

Post by iBeej » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 10:47

IConquer
x3ap

Post by IConquer » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 12:48

That's indeed very informative, but I don't recall reading anything about setting a minimum stock value for individual products. The CAG has an option to sell your intermediate products when they go above a certain threshold and only when they're above that amount, but I don't know how to use the CAG to simply move stuff given that restriction.

Similarly, the CLS has an option to simply move stuff, but I don't know how to place a threshold on the amount of goods you can keep.

Grape
x3ap

Post by Grape » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 13:27

I think you might need to check the Dockware Manager that comes with the Bonus Package, pretty sure that it allows you to set limits for your wares that CAG/CLS will obey.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Help with using CLS/CAG to supply my PHQ

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 16:46

IConquer wrote: The conditions I'm trying to meet, in order of priority, are:
- A minimum amount of resources in the complex's intermediate products list are left in the complex to make sure my CAG/CLS don't shut down the complex.

- A set ratio of products somewhat matching the station's resources are what they'll look like when full of stock. For example, if the ship requires 100 ore and 50 silicon to produce a ship, I want the stock of my PHQ to look something resembling 100000 ore and 50000 silicon. No exact numbers, but all products set to a max amount that I can set to reflect a ratio.

- Extra resources are funneled off to another source, such as a storage TL or something to be sold by other traders.
A CLS2 solution would look something like this:

Code: Select all

1. Your Complex
   1. load Silicon max cargo
   2. unload Silicon up to 'min amount you want to keep in the complex'
2. PHQ
   1. unload Silicon up to 50000
3. TL storage
   1. unload Silicon max cargo

IConquer
x3ap

Re: Help with using CLS/CAG to supply my PHQ

Post by IConquer » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 04:11

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
IConquer wrote: The conditions I'm trying to meet, in order of priority, are:

A CLS2 solution would look something like this:

Code: Select all

1. Your Complex
   1. load Silicon max cargo
   2. unload Silicon up to 'min amount you want to keep in the complex'
2. PHQ
   1. unload Silicon up to 50000
3. TL storage
   1. unload Silicon max cargo
Yeah, this is the solution I ended up figuring out. Now I just have to calculate the exact ratios I need to give to my PHQ's Storage...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”