Booze factory herrons nebula wft

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shea
x4

Booze factory herrons nebula wft

Post by shea » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 15:18

I was ment to ask here for a long time,why is there a booze factory in herrons nebula?isnt booze factories illegal in argon sectors,have been playing x3 ap for many hours and argon military haven't blown it up yet.Why is this?[/quote]
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 15:24

It's legal for the argon apprently. Just never for the player even if you start as argon.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 15:26

"produced under licence"

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 15:38

It's legal for the NPCs. It's illegal for you and your traders.

If you're playing X3TC, you need to set the range of your traders to avoid Herron Nebula because they will eventually try to trade Space Fuel and get caught.

If you're playing X3AP you can black-list the distilleries and allow trade in the rest of the sector.

In both games you can also try to manually trade the stuff by parking a couple transports at the station and buying it up regularly (to keep prices high so your automated traders don't see a profitable deal), and then when there are no customs ships around, quickly undock and jump to pirate sectors to sell the stuff. Obv. you'll need satellites to be able to see the area around the distilleries to check for customs police, and you'll need friendly pirate stations to buy spacefuel from you (pirates love it).

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 17:11

It's not illegal to produce space fuel, just to transport it. Booze factories are fine, as long as your traders don't carry it. I remember there being a story on these forums of a guy who made a good deal of reputation and money by setting up a booze factory and scanning the traders that came to buy from them, revealing them to the police to be carrying illegal space fuel which they'd just purchased and then ordering them to drop their freight.

The fuel went right back into the complex for the next poor shmuck to fall for it.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 18:21

ajax34i wrote:
In both games you can also try to manually trade the stuff by parking a couple transports at the station and buying it up regularly (to keep prices high so your automated traders don't see a profitable deal), and then when there are no customs ships around, quickly undock and jump to pirate sectors to sell the stuff. Obv. you'll need satellites to be able to see the area around the distilleries to check for customs police, and you'll need friendly pirate stations to buy spacefuel from you (pirates love it).
You can also automate this. Park CLS freighters in the distilleries with orders to buy at an appropriately low price. Use CLS on small fast ships set to load from the freighters and sell at pirate bases and stations at appropriately high prices. If the CLS pilots are challenged by cops they will dump freight, but since only the small ships actually fly the losses will be small, and since they are fast they will seldom be challenged. Likewise, since they are small and fast they will be fairly cheap to replace if they are lost to hostile pirates.

If you are really an enterprising soul you can park another freighter in the distillery as a jump fuel tank and assign another freighter to buy cheap e-cells and unload them into the jump fuel tank. Then you can put jump drives on your delivery ships with a 'reload jump fuel at the tank' order immediately before they pick up the product. This increases replacement costs, but will greatly reduce losses of ships and product.

And yes, pirates love it. An operation like this is guaranteed to keep all the clan pirates blue to you unless you absolutely declare war on them. There will still be the 'we hate everybody' spawns, but there's nothing you can do about those.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 18:25

Hemmingfish wrote:It's not illegal to produce space fuel, just to transport it. Booze factories are fine, as long as your traders don't carry it. I remember there being a story on these forums of a guy who made a good deal of reputation and money by setting up a booze factory and scanning the traders that came to buy from them, revealing them to the police to be carrying illegal space fuel which they'd just purchased and then ordering them to drop their freight.

The fuel went right back into the complex for the next poor shmuck to fall for it.
Trust me, if you put a space fuel distillery in a sector owned by one of the Commonwealth races their sector patrols will attack it. Pirate, unknown and terran sectors are okay, though.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 18:57

... Goner too, funnily enough! FAQ.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 19:20

Hemmingfish wrote:It's not illegal to produce space fuel, just to transport it. Booze factories are fine, as long as your traders don't carry it. I remember there being a story on these forums of a guy who made a good deal of reputation and money by setting up a booze factory and scanning the traders that came to buy from them, revealing them to the police to be carrying illegal space fuel which they'd just purchased and then ordering them to drop their freight.
That was most likely X3R. In X3TC and AP the police & military will destroy illegal player factories if they find them.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 20:38

Zaitsev wrote:

Trust me, if you put a space fuel distillery in a sector owned by one of the Commonwealth races their sector patrols will attack it. Pirate, unknown and terran sectors are okay, though.
Nnnnnnnnot quite.

If you put it in a core sector, you're in trouble.

Border sectors are a bit more lax.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 21:01

we can not harvest plutonium but few goverments can...
Funny is how a man from citizen becomes a "governor"....
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 21:30

Let's not drag politics into this please.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 21:40

Imgran wrote:Nnnnnnnnot quite.

If you put it in a core sector, you're in trouble.

Border sectors are a bit more lax.
That's probably due to military presence in the sector. Border sectors usually don't have military patrols that actually bother to attack factories.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”