[AP] Beryll Aid - where to find laser towers?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregorovitch
x4

[AP] Beryll Aid - where to find laser towers?

Post by Gregorovitch » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 00:15

I know of four laser tower factories and they had two between them. No other station or military outpost seems to have any. I am not disposed to wander aimlessly around looking on the off chance.

There must be some stashed somewhere otherwise they would not have set this mission up as it could not be done, so can someone tell me where they are?

Also, I understand from looking around for an answer to this that Beryll's third requirement is for a Xenon L. Well, again, that's impossible in the normal course of events since although I've shot up hundreds of Xenon ships in TC and Reunion and a few so far in AP, I have never once seen a Xenon pilot bail, so there must be some special answer to this?

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 00:31

No special answers.

Laser Towers: You will have to either feed the existing laser tower factories with the ore energy and food they need to produce, and buy towers from them. Or, dock a TL at the shipyards and buy your own laser tower factory and deploy it, feed it, and get the towers when produced.

I have traders feeding the local economies in all major areas, and a couple CLS buyers to buy weapons for me. I'm swimming in laser towers, got about 40. The NPC factories produce them if they're fed with ore and energy and food.

Xenon L: They have a very low chance to bail in Xenon sectors, and a less low chance to bail during a mission.

I got mine after 8 reloads and re-tries; I managed to find a patrol mission in Harmony of Perpetuity (location doesn't really matter) that was against Xenon attackers, and I got 1 Xenon L and 5 Xenon N's to spawn. I killed all the N's, saved, and then tried to get the L to bail by shooting it with just 1 PBE. It refused to bail and blew up 8 times, and it finally bailed at 2% hull the 9th time. I was lucky to stop shooting in time to catch it still alive, but I did.

Gregorovitch
x4

Post by Gregorovitch » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 00:47

Thanks for the tip about the L - I'll get me some salvage insurance and try that idea out (although it seems ridiculous to me that one should need to do this sort of thing on such an early plot mission).

I've built stage one empire so far (about 150 stations, 20 UT's etc) so I just started the plot to have some fun after all that hard work - not futz around with this kind of nonsense.

On the laser towers, I could easily add a factory to one of my complexes, but do the things sell? I know my CAG would fill up all the local docks and mil outposts that are empty, but is there any long term throughput for them?

Baratheon79
x3tc

Re: [AP] Beryll Aid - where to find laser towers?

Post by Baratheon79 » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 00:57

Gregorovitch wrote:I know of four laser tower factories and they had two between them. No other station or military outpost seems to have any. I am not disposed to wander aimlessly around looking on the off chance.

There must be some stashed somewhere otherwise they would not have set this mission up as it could not be done, so can someone tell me where they are?
I'm on my second playthrough where I've actually gotten this far in the plot (had several failed attempts at a dead-is-dead style game - think I've about got it right this time). The first time, I couldn't find a single lasertower in stock anywhere, and had to produce them myself. This time, by buying them up whenever I found any and hoarding them, I managed to scrounge up 3 of them by the time I got to that part of the plot. Of course, I still ended up slapping a lasertower factory onto the weapons complex I'm building up in Gunne's Crusade for my own use later on. :wink:

I should note that there's a couple other items needed that may possibly be in short supply, depending on the economy in your game. In my first playthrough, I was able to get what I needed from NPC factories, but this time I had to set up a complex to produce them myself.

As for coming up with an L, can't help there, as I play modified. NPC Bailing Add-On + lots of Xenon patrol missions + a Griffon Sentinel running CODEA with a hangar full of Tenjins... Needless to say, that part of the plot wasn't a problem in my game. :D

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 01:04

No need to be so angry about it; it's a mission. Do it, or don't.

If you're gonna be this angry when the pirates or the Xenon invade with ships you can't kill, or during the later plot missions that are quite hard, you might as well stop playing the game, as it's not good for your health.

Gregorovitch
x4

Post by Gregorovitch » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 01:45

I'm not angry about it as such, it's just I find it a bit irritating as it seems necessary to progress the plot, but i don't actually know that without looking it up in detail which I don't really want to do. Doing the hub in TC didn't bother me at all, but futzing for unobtainable missiles (was it disruptors for Terracorp?) for no meaningful gain rather did. Anyways, thanks again for the tip about the L.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 02:22

Yeah, there's a thread in the X-Rebirth forum where someone mentioned Egosoft plot-writing skills. I guess the X3TC disruptors and the X3AP L are examples of it.

ajm317
x4

Post by ajm317 » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 05:50

Gregorovitch wrote:I know of four laser tower factories and they had two between them. No other station or military outpost seems to have any. I am not disposed to wander aimlessly around looking on the off chance.

Also, I understand from looking around for an answer to this that Beryll's third requirement is for a Xenon L. Well, again, that's impossible in the normal course of events since although I've shot up hundreds of Xenon ships in TC and Reunion and a few so far in AP, I have never once seen a Xenon pilot bail, so there must be some special answer to this?
Possibly stupid question but have you tried Remote Best Buy? If there are any LT's to be bought that will find them for you automatically.

Usually there are at least 3 LTs laying around somewhere.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 13:39

I currently have a wing of 3 Xenon L's camped in one of my TM's. All 3 of them bailed during the mission into Aldrin. Of course this is TC where they do me no good. I'm sure if I'm playing AP, I'll never see a bailed L as long as I live.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

Gregorovitch
x4

Post by Gregorovitch » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 12:58

ajm317 wrote:
Possibly stupid question but have you tried Remote Best Buy? If there are any LT's to be bought that will find them for you automatically.

Not a stupid question at all especially as I didn't know a remote best buy/sell locator existed! Useful tools those, I'll be sure to look out for it, but alas my encyclopedia tells me I haven't discovered them yet. I think I'll just build a laser tower factory for now.

biggins
x3ap

Post by biggins » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 14:15

I found the best way of getting the L was to take on Defend Sector missions in sectors located next to Xenon sectors. Grand Exchange is a perfect place because the Xenon constantly attack this sector. Plus, its next to your AO.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”