Selectively applying CLS2 templates

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Quinch
xr

Selectively applying CLS2 templates

Post by Quinch » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 09:46

I might be missing something blatantly obvious, but how do I send the settings from a data slot to some {but not all} CLS2 traders? For example, I have a fleet of traders making a circuit run for energy cells, but also several groups flying around gathering experience. Now, I can enter a string in the send filter section, but the section itself doesn't have a "send" function - all I can do is go back to the main menu, but naturally "send to all" sends to everyone, rather than the ships with matching names.

What am I missing?
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 12:20

Are you talking about the script editor?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 17:16

Infekted wrote:Are you talking about the script editor?
I think he's in the 'global commands' section of CLS...a place where even I have never trod. It's on my list of 'CLS functions I haven't figured out yet' but it's coming to the top.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 18:59

The very one!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 19:59

I must admit the term 'CLS2 templates' has certainly caught my attention.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 20:29

Anyhoo, any suggestions?

darth_adversor

Post by darth_adversor » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 20:34

I have a new-found respect for Tim after reading his "Hole Farms" thread. And if he doesn't know how to do it, then I'm guessing you should just (unfortunately) select the ships individually and "load data."

How many ships are we talking anyway?
The Pirates government wishes to thank you for your outstanding efforts against crime. :?

Core i5-2500k @ 4.5 . Radeon 6950 2GB . 8GB DDR3-1600 . 52" HDTV :D

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 22:10

Dozens?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 22:23

No guarantee I can figure it out, despite new earned respect from d_a (thanks for that by the way), but having caught my attention the 'global commands' thing will certainly be explored once my current CLS issues with tying price to inventory are proven to be sorted out.

That is if no one comes up with anything before then of course. I'd be most interested if someone has existing knowledge of the subject to share.

Unfortunately Quinch afaict you are the first person to explore these waters. I think I've read every CLS guide in existence and didn't learn anything about global commands. The more thorough guides mention it as something that exists, others don't even do that...mine for example. Rev 2 will be much more comprehensive.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 03:23

First of all, you load a data set that you want.

You must have a saved data set, for example your traders doing the run for energy cells, you must have one of them saved as a savepoint. The savepoint will contain its jump drive settings, reports settings, all the waypoints, basically everything.

Next, you must set up the Send Filter with the information you want to send. Click Send Filter, and under Data Selection pick what information you wish to broadcast. Typically you send the waypoints, or you send the configuration stuff (jump drive, reports, jump energy, etc).

Third, you must also set up the Send Filter so that only the intended recipient ships are hit with the broadcast. Filtering by name doesn't seem to work, but all the other restrictions (ship type, etc) do work. I've tried full name, partial name, or Automatic Naming codes, but got the zzzt every time, so I don't know.

Once you've configured the filter properly, you should Send to All Colleagues and it should only deliver to those that conform to the filter.

BUT, it doesn't start them. It just configures them. You still have to Start External Logistics on any of the ones that aren't already running. Those that are already running will finish their current task first.

EDIT: If you're trying to configure all your traders to be like the energy cell ones, it doesn't hurt to broadcast the energy cell info to the energy cell traders, so you can use no filter and "send to all".

However, if you want, let's say, just two more of the trainees to become ecell traders, if you can't figure out a way to filter just those two by ship type (TS) or ship class (Caiman Hauler), you'll have to:

- add them to a homebase temporarily and use that homebase in the filter
or
- bring them IS (in-sector) with you, and use Send to Sector Colleagues instead of Send to All Colleagues.
or
- just manually load the data point via the command console for each ship (after all it's just two ships).

EDIT2: ROFL, I figured out the name thing. It's not the ship name, it's the trader's name. Logusaris Teridosos Vernasis III. Or, and actually more useful, Logistician, that also works, allowing you to filter by how trained they are.
Last edited by ajax34i on Mon, 29. Jul 13, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 03:34

So I could do a 'send unfiltered' and switch them all to 'pay from station account'? Probably a petty application but something that always irks me.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 03:45

ajax34i wrote:Third, you must also set up the Send Filter so that only the intended recipient ships are hit with the broadcast. Filtering by name doesn't seem to work, but all the other restrictions (ship type, etc) do work. I've tried full name, partial name, or Automatic Naming codes, but got the zzzt every time, so I don't know.
Werrrrllll, crud. I'll try the title. Wish me luck.[/i]

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 03:46

Timsup2nothin wrote:So I could do a 'send unfiltered' and switch them all to 'pay from station account'? Probably a petty application but something that always irks me.
Well, we're talking CLS2 - External Logistics, and those aren't homebased, so "pay from station account" doesn't really make sense, but yeah.

However, you must load a data point to send.

You'd load a data point that has Trader Salary = "pay from station account", then set up the filters to NOT SEND anything except the Trader Salary setting, then yes you can send to all with no recipient filtering, and it should set just Trader Salary to "pay from station account."

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 03:53

Good luck, heh.

All Logisticians flying TS Hayabusa's seems pretty specific.

I didn't realize the system existed before today, heh.

What I usually do is I train them in the Kha'ak ships, then move them to TS ships, and part of the move I just load up a template savepoint.

Templates are - jump drive, jump energy, trader salary, everything is set up for the job, but no waypoints. Load the template, then add waypoints, and off it goes.

Not using that many CLS'ers. I got the Yaki economy, I got each empire's foods and ore, and I got a generic weapons and gear buyer template. You set them up once and they go, no need to add more to the job, esp. not with the exact same waypoints.

Anyway, hope it works.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 03:56

Cool! I actually homebase almost all CLS2 ships. It's not required but it is available, and when they are homebased they will use the station account for buy/sell transactions.

I set my shiplist to not show homebased ships and that keeps it relatively clear. It also allows me to use my ship account without worrying about keeping a 'float' for my CLS guys to draw from when they make buys, helps track profitability to identify systems that are and aren't working; and other advantages as well that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 04:57

A side effect of home basing ships and not having them shown is that you can still find them all at once if they share the same home base.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 05:21

Triaxx2 wrote:A side effect of home basing ships and not having them shown is that you can still find them all at once if they share the same home base.
Or even better you can find them sorted by home base. I go down my station list looking at 'owned ships' more than anything else I do in the property list.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”