X3:AP Station Hack: Argon Federal Shipyard - Is this Possible?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dezonus
xr

X3:AP Station Hack: Argon Federal Shipyard - Is this Possible?

Post by Dezonus » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 16:03

Hi there,

So I'm a Terran Commander, finished the main plot and loving ripping those Argons a new one. However, they do have a few cool stations that I would like to purchase, such as Cloth Rimes, Space Fuel, PRG etc.

I know there is a heavy duty Federal Argon Shipyard in Cloudbase South East, I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a Station Hack of it (I realise I'd likely need Hack something partway along), and if so, could I actually buy stuff out of there as if I was "Hero of the Federation" rather than "Enemy of the Federation"?
Last edited by Dezonus on Sun, 28. Jul 13, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 16:10

You will not be able to hack the stations for a race when you have average or poorer relations with that race.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Dezonus
xr

Post by Dezonus » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 16:35

kgkosio wrote:You will not be able to hack the stations for a race when you have average or poorer relations with that race.
I don't think this is true. I have been offered station hacks of Argon Stations several times, they wanted ~9m for a Rimes fact hack...I didnt take them up on the offer though...

Edit: Just spotted one in game just then, amusingly from a Paranid Pirate at a Terran Station
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8728/l33f.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 17:27

It is possable. Just good luck in finding someone that offers it. Check the Trading dock Stations as they usually have the most pirate offers. And it must be within 2 or 3 sectors of said station.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Dezonus
xr

Post by Dezonus » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 17:39

Aragosnat wrote:It is possable. Just good luck in finding someone that offers it. Check the Trading dock Stations as they usually have the most pirate offers. And it must be within 2 or 3 sectors of said station.
Okay, well if it is possible...I think I have an Idea...

I flew through all the Argon Sectors in my Springblossom (because lets face it, the speed for its class is ridiculously awesome!), so I have all the gates mapped out...
Spoiler
Show
As The Xenon Hub can redirect Gate Connections, distance is no longer really an issue. All I need to do, is supply the Energy cells (Which my complex has an abundance of), then Link to probably CloudBase SE/Ore Belt. Both are Border sectors, so I doubt I'll get anything too nasty in the Hub. Then I just gotta find a hacker who'll do it....
Here's to hoping that works...

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Sun, 28. Jul 13, 19:27

Bear in mind that even the stations outside of core sectors won't let you dock unless you have a rep of -3/-2 or better - even if they aren't hostile.

To boost Argon rep, you could look for patrol missions that go through Argon sectors, or assassination missions that spawn enemies in Argon space. If that fails, blowing up Terran or Paranid ships in Argon space will also work, though each has obvious drawbacks.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 02:17

You can find an offer to hack it within 3 jumps of it, but the station will revert to red almost instantly unless your rep is close to neutral.

And, the Argons unlock access to buy factories, gear, and ships based on your standings, just like everyone else, so unless you have rank 4 or 7 or whatever you won't be able to buy the factories you want.

EDIT: To boost Argon rep, especially from the bottom, go to Getsu Fune and blow up all the Xenons that enter that sector. You can even trigger a Xenon migration by entering 534 and blowing up some of their cap ships there. They should migrate through Getsu Fune.

Watch out for Argon Rapid Response. You may have to use M6 or smaller; if you fly capital ship it may trigger Rapid Response. If you have access to Wraith missiles, Vidar, Vali, Katana, and Hyperion.V M6's can shoot it; make things easy.

Dezonus
xr

Post by Dezonus » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 03:01

ajax34i wrote:You can find an offer to hack it within 3 jumps of it, but the station will revert to red almost instantly unless your rep is close to neutral.

And, the Argons unlock access to buy factories, gear, and ships based on your standings, just like everyone else, so unless you have rank 4 or 7 or whatever you won't be able to buy the factories you want.
Guess I have to get my Argon Rep up...Maybe I'll get the R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Achieve while I'm at it...then I'll decide whether I start shooting them againor not...I do need some sort of enemy...
If you have access to Wraith missiles, Vidar, Vali, Katana, and Hyperion.V M6's can shoot it; make things easy.
The Awkward moment when you find out that you fly the only Terran M6 that can't use Wraith Missiles...

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 03:40

Dezonus wrote:I do need some sort of enemy...
I have found that keeping at least one seriously committed enemy makes the game much more entertaining. If you feel a strong need for Argon factories blow them up. Then when the TL comes along carrying a replacement factory board it. Of course there are other ways to acquire all the cloth rimes one could conceivably desire...
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 29. Jul 13, 04:01

Well as a Terran you're pretty much set as far as ship extensions, but as Commonwealth pissing off the Argons also pisses off several corporate HQs that basically means "no transporter software, bioscanner, or logistics scripts for you" so it's tough.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”