CLS question:

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IConquer
x3ap

CLS question:

Post by IConquer » Wed, 31. Jul 13, 20:53

Is there a way to have a CLS ship pick up goods at your factories and then give you a message when the storage gets full? or have it drop off those items at a TL and tell you when the TL is full?
Game played: X3:AP unless otherwise specified

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 31. Jul 13, 21:14

No you set those ships to their own commands on what to do when they are full this is where waypoints and cargo settings are useful plus if loading to a TL use another TL to keep it empty. and deliver your goods to where you want them.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Wed, 31. Jul 13, 21:37

I cant think of a way to do that.

Best I can suggest is set it so that it fills a storage, and then excess gets put in some kind of disposal system. Be that direct NPC or CAG selling it, or manual trade looping or what ever.

Timsup2nothin

Re: CLS question:

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 00:19

IConquer wrote:Is there a way to have a CLS ship pick up goods at your factories and then give you a message when the storage gets full? or have it drop off those items at a TL and tell you when the TL is full?
There is no message service, but there are ways to have it fill to a specific threshold and then go do something with the cargo. Will you give specific details about your ultimate objective? Like 'I want to keep a TL full of missiles from my factory and then sell the rest' or whatever. I might have a way to get it done if I know exactly what you are trying to do.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

IConquer
x3ap

Post by IConquer » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 02:23

Well, I already know how to set up cls to do that kind of thing (your guides were extremely useful in introducing me to the software), but the problem running into now is that I don't exactly know what I want to do. For example, I set up a lasertower complex, and I won't know until I have a bunch of them whether I want to set them up at a xenon gate or sell them off everywhere. Also, sometimes I might run into a problem where I simply have too much of one weapon and I'd need to sell it manually at a equipment dock where the item isn't listed. I also might decide that I want a large and immediate cash injection and do the same thing.

I suppose I'll have to just moniter that specific TL, then.
Game played: X3:AP unless otherwise specified

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 04:29

IConquer wrote:Well, I already know how to set up cls to do that kind of thing (your guides were extremely useful in introducing me to the software), but the problem running into now is that I don't exactly know what I want to do. For example, I set up a lasertower complex, and I won't know until I have a bunch of them whether I want to set them up at a xenon gate or sell them off everywhere. Also, sometimes I might run into a problem where I simply have too much of one weapon and I'd need to sell it manually at a equipment dock where the item isn't listed. I also might decide that I want a large and immediate cash injection and do the same thing.

I suppose I'll have to just moniter that specific TL, then.
You can set the ships that unload to the TL with an 'unload up to' whatever amount seems like a good inventory on hand figure, then unload to another TL docked at an EQ dock and set to constantly sell, then unload max cargo back at the primary TL. Then just set up infinite loop manual trade runners to move product from the dock where you are parked to a dock that will always buy because it doesn't stock the item.

Load enough into the selling TL to keep the MTRs running for a while while your primary TL loads up to the set level, after which the level in the selling TL will start going up. If you take a load out of your primary TL the level in the seller will go down while the primary comes back up to the threshold, then level in the seller will start coming back up.

If the seller fills up completely the level in the primary will rise above the threshold. If you see it above the threshold add more MTR until it stops going up. At this point level in the seller will be going down, because the MTRs will be disposing faster than the supply is coming in. If the seller runs dry so will the dock, and the MTRs will notify you they can't make the buy...as they arrive at the dock. You might only have one or two shut down before level starts creeping back up in the selling tank, but if you really crashed the inventory (repeatedly draining the primary TL without giving the seller TL time to recover, for example) you might kill too many MTRs and have to restart some.

The only failure of this system is that if you completely ignore it both TLs will eventually fill up completely, but if you are using batches of the product you shouldn't have any problems.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: CLS question:

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 07:18

IConquer wrote:Is there a way to have a CLS ship pick up goods at your factories and then give you a message when the storage gets full? or have it drop off those items at a TL and tell you when the TL is full?
It might be possible to make a factory flash yellow if the TL is full...

This tests if the TL has at least X units of free cargo space:

Code: Select all

Initially filled with X Sunrise Flowers
Supply conditions: 0%

Waypoints:
1. Unloading max cargo Sunrise Flowers at TL
2. Unloading up to 1 Sunrise Flowers at TestResult
3. Loading up to X Sunrise Flowers at TL
TestResult can be any ship (a Jaguar will do) and is initially empty. If one Sunrise Flower appears in its cargo hold we know the TL is almost full (less than X units free cargo space).

But how do we turn this into a message?

Well, it's actually quite easy. Set up another cheap M5 with CLS2 to pick up 1 sunrise flower from TestResult and make sure it will cross the war zone or some other deadly territory. You'll get a message in your log ;) I've just tested it, works like a charm!

Then I had the idea, that a yellow flashing factory might be better than a silent message in your log. In the long run it would also be less expensive. And I think it can be done, I just have to do some more testing...

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 12:10

Ehhh sounds a bit convoluted. Probly easier to homebase the tug ship (carrying the wares between plex and store) some place easy to quickly find. Then check if it is on stand by or not.

Well really I would do what Tim said. Set it so there's a store so there's always some on hand if I need them then sell off the rest. You're unlikely to need more than a TLs worth of weapons/missiles or what ever at once anyway. And cash injection is irrelevant if said cash is already in the bank :)

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 16:38

There might be an 'alarm' after all. But it's in one of those settings/controls that I never use so I'm not sure.

You need an Eq Dock.

These waypoints on the tug.

Complex lasertowers load max cargo
storage TL lasertowers unload max cargo
Eq Dock lasertowers unload max cargo

Then under supply conditions choose 'quit qorking at station' and select the Eq Dock and on the command console select 'notify me when order completed.

So the guy only goes to the Eq Dock if he can't unload to the TL, and when he gets to the Eq Dock he let's you know.

Keep in mind this is based on a theory of how the 'quit working in station' command works, but I've never actually used it so I could be totally off base.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”