[X3R][Solved] Does computer control weapons individually in each side of ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gqqnbig

[X3R][Solved] Does computer control weapons individually in each side of ships

Post by Gqqnbig » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 03:40

I have a Split Raptor, which has four barrels on its left side.

Assume one barrel equips with beta Flak Artillery Array whose firing range is 1.52km. The remaining three barrels equip with beta High Energy Plasma Thrower whose range is 2.64km.

When an enemy is at 2.64km, will High Energy Plasma Throwers fire considering they are in the same group with Flak Artillery Array?

Is it possible that the four barrels on its left side aim at four distinct targets?

If I use another ship which can equip with Ion Disrupter, will computer stop firing ID when the shields of the target are gone?

There are my three questions. Thanks.
Last edited by Gqqnbig on Fri, 2. Aug 13, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 04:05

iirc...

1. Inactive groups won't fire at all. The active group will fire all its guns at whatever the longest range is. They will lead independently though.

2. No.

3. No.

Gqqnbig

Post by Gqqnbig » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 04:57

So which option is better, equipping with same weapons on one side or with different weapons?

And what do you mean by "They will lead independently though"? You say different weapons fire together. They depend on the weapon of the longest range. Probabaly my English is not so good, but I think it is not "independently".

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 05:36

Equip the same weapon per side is probably better. There are a few weapon combinations that work, for example Flaks with a Disruptor (the Disruptor lightning arcs between the Flaks), but in general, same weapon in all 4 slots is what the norm seems to be.

"They lead independently" = each gun calculates its own to-hit trajectory. They start firing at the longest range, and they all shoot the same target, but if you were to combine, say, Kha'ak beams with slow-moving PPCs, you'd see the beams being shot straight at the target, but the PPCs being shot at an angle so that they land where the target will be in 3-4 seconds.

Gqqnbig

Post by Gqqnbig » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 06:29

Understood. Thanks very much.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”