[X3TC] Station to Support M2's

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cjoshuav
x4

[X3TC] Station to Support M2's

Post by cjoshuav » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 05:39

I'm finally making serious cash, and I'd like to build a complex to support the outfitting of M2's (specifically several Boreas destroyers).

I don't want to outfit them with anything that requires ammo, and I want to configure them for OOS combat (I'll keep one for missions in-sector).

Would someone be so kinds as to tell me:

1. The exact loadout I am going to want to put on each Boreas.

2. Every kind of station I will need to make the complex self-supporting and produce everything (including shields) that I will want?

Also, if you're feeling particularly kind, will you tell me the same for an Osaka?

Is it a big deal if I want to throw in a HEPT factory and a PRG factory?

Thanks, as always, for your patience with my newbishness...
Last edited by cjoshuav on Sun, 4. Aug 13, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 05:56

Boreas loadout: PPC everywhere, except Up/Down FAA or IBL, depending on whether you want fighter defense or straight-up capital firepower only. Shields: 2GJ, Mosquito x 200, Energy for jumping: 1000.

Osaka: PSP everywhere, SSC where you can't put PSP. 2GJ shields, mosquitoes x 200, energy for jumping 1000.

For the ones that you're flying yourself, add missiles: wraiths for Osaka, typhoon wasp firestorm for Boreas (they kinda suck compared to wraiths).

Complex setup is tough, because the factories take a long time to produce, and you need multiples of 24 or more of each weapon, per ship.

So if you're talking just a few ships, then shields and PPC are very common; buy from the NPCs with a Logistics ship, and just manufacture the FAA guns which are rare. And on the Terran side, the Moon shipyard allows you to clone the big weapons (you sell 2, and then you "outfit 10 TS transports at the same time" buying 2 in each transport).

If you're talking a massive fleet, then you will need a truly massive complex; food and energy self-sufficiency are relatively simple, but the problem becomes where will you find enough asteroids to create enough ore for production?

This complex calculator is older, but the formulas behind it work so it WILL calculate your inputs and outputs as you add stations. Start with an XL solar power plant, and at the bottom you see it needs crystals, so add enough large crystal fabs for the crystals number to become green, and you'll see you need food and silicon. At some point after adding food fabs and silicon mines, everything will be green, with an over-production of energy cells. That's your self-sufficient energy source. Then add the weapons fabs you want (PPC, FAA etc) and see what else you have to add to keep the numbers green.

As I said, you will need Silicon and Ore asteroids, lots of them, to make the complex work. You CAN connect separate complexes via Logistics TS ships, so they transport ore and silicon from elsewhere, but then you have a transportation bottleneck, and if your complex gets huge, your transports may not be able to keep up.

Berserkenstein
x3tc

Post by Berserkenstein » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 06:19

Are you playing AP? If you are that makes it much easier to outfit boreases because you can buy IBL forges.

You can outfit it with 32 PPCs and 8 IBLs for max capital ship weapons.

All you need are PPC forges, IBL forges and 2GJ shield forges.

It's better to do osakas for OOS stuff, they are way cheaper and will more likely to survive since they have 12 GJ shields instead of 8GJ shields of the boreas.

They need 24 PSPs and 24 SSCs and 7x2GJ shields.

15 PSP forges, 10 SSC forges, and 5 2GJ shield forges work fine for my needs. It will cost you around 600 million to build a closed loop one.
I'll see you on the other side!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 12:02

If you want an up-to-date comp calc, check out Xadrian in my sig.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 12:34

So the guy said OOS defence M2s. So forget missiles. It also depends whether you are playing AP or TC. In TC, unless they fixed the OOS combat calculations, FAA actually do more damage than IBL. So your best layout for an OOS Boreas is 32x PPC + 8 x FAA.
You only really need to build FAA. PPC and 2GJ shields can be cloned/bought in lots of places.

Ajax - You forgot some steps with cloning. (you sell 1, and then you "outfit 10 TS transports at the same time" buying max available in each transport, then you sell another 1 back, then buy the max available (2 for PSP?), then sell one, then buy max. Rinse and repeat until all 10 transports are full). It's slightly long winded when buying weapons that can only be stocked in 2s, but since the price is average to buy and sell, you end up buying as many as you want for average price.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 16:42

Even if he plays AP, Some FAA is recommended because shot velocity is taken into account. Full PPC/IBL will not be good vs smaller targets.
Right on commander !

cjoshuav
x4

Post by cjoshuav » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 06:05

Ooops - this is TC (but the AP advice is helpful as well). Thanks VERY much!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”