OOS, Lasertowers, and reputation.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IConquer
x3ap

OOS, Lasertowers, and reputation.

Post by IConquer » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 09:37

Say I placed lasertower networks surrounding xenon sector gates, would I gradually gain reputation with the race of the system they're in as they destroyed xenon ships coming out of the gate?
Game played: X3:AP unless otherwise specified

firestorm79
x4

Re: OOS, Lasertowers, and reputation.

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 10:36

IConquer wrote:Say I placed lasertower networks surrounding xenon sector gates, would I gradually gain reputation with the race of the system they're in as they destroyed xenon ships coming out of the gate?
i doubt it, since i dont gain rep with my patroling ships that destroy pirates/xenons etc oos

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 10:52

I lose rep when my OOS ships fire on a race's ships though. This warrants further looking into.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 11:10

You will gain rep if the sector owner is not xenon or pirate.
Right on commander !

Bill Huntington
x3tc

LTs

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 22:50

Sorry, Geek. You have to be in the firing ship to gain rep, in my experience, when it comes to sectors.

If you kill a ship, you lose rep, whether you fired or another of your ships fired.

There is a big problem with using LTs for a gate defence. They will fire on red pirates that come into range, whether they are bothering you or not. Once that starts, then pirates are the enemy, even blue pirates. Before long pirates will be attacking you everywhere in the TC universe.

There is no way to control it either. If you set pirate to 'Friend' and 'Show Enemy as Enemy to Me' to No, it wouldn't happen. But you would have to do this manually, one by one. Every time there was any trouble, you have to do it again. Miss one LT, and it all happens again quickly. If you had more five LTs, it's too much trouble. And five in not enough to matter. I usually use blocks of 50 or 100, with a minumum of 20.

The Universal settings you want aren't available for LTs. What there is many times only goes 3 or 4 deep, not all of them. There are work arounds. Finding the Pirate base that sends patrols through that particular gate, and taking it out with unattributable missiles. Scanning red pirates before they get to the gate. A lot of trouble.

There are gate blockades that can be effective. But you have to be selective where you use LTs. They can be devastating when you use them in the right situation.

Good Hunting, IConquer !
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Re: LTs

Post by Geek » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 23:21

Bill Huntington wrote:Sorry, Geek. You have to be in the firing ship to gain rep, in my experience, when it comes to sectors.
I think you confuse reputation and bounty.
Remote ships do gain reputation, I just have checked it (killing a few pirate M3 with a OOS M6 in argon space give me a few ranks from neutral).
Last edited by Geek on Sun, 4. Aug 13, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Right on commander !

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 05:19

Thanks, Geek. I must have checked it at highest rep, when changes don't really change the percentages. Thanks for correction.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”