Pirate M7M?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IConquer
x3ap

Pirate M7M?

Post by IConquer » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 09:46

Would I be able to find an M7M belonging to a pirate faction, or am I going to have to piss someone off a little bit in order to get one?
Game played: X3:AP unless otherwise specified

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 09:50

Not at al you can always buy one

IConquer
x3ap

Post by IConquer » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 09:58

shaun bergin wrote:Not at al you can always buy one
I COULD. But all of my combat ships were either captured, given, or built by myself. It's a little limitation that I've been imposing on myself.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 10:06

You're going to have to tick off a main race, but boarding gives surprisingly little rep loss and you can easily make it back. The military doesn't even care as long as you apologise.

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 10:09

'return abandon ship' missions gives you jewels like the m7m :)

IConquer
x3ap

Post by IConquer » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 10:17

Really now? I didn't know of this. I should keep a lookout for those, then... Should I mainly look for those missions from a dock that can support capital ships?

I would also need to jump it to my system asap, and then reverse engineer it or something.

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 14:10

return abandoned ship missions appear everywhere not just docks, so keep an eye for them...I think they start from small ships m3-m4 and then when you have higher ranking they ask for m7,m6, and m8s..but i wouldnt worry because you seem to be far more ahead than me..cant reverse anything yet...i assume you need a HQ for that which i dont have...
i should say that i play TC but i dont think its any different in AP.

The more advanced players in here should be able to give you much more details though.

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 14:16

Which ships are available on the return ship mission depends on your rank with the faction that offers these missions. I think it only goes up to M7/M7M (not sure about the new M7C) and you need near max rank with the faction to get these.
They are also a good way to improve the fight rank of your marines without pissing somebody off.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 15:56

I just did a return mission for an ARES, I docked it at the shipyard in Senators Badlands with about 3 mins of the timer left.

About half a dozen m5, m4's showed up with 2 M3's to destroy it, but the Yaki made short work of them. So I now have a really nice M7M with hardly any rep loss.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 16:56

The Yaki shipyard sells an M7M Sensei. It's a bit weaker than many other M7M's, but it's relatively cheap at 27 million.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 17:38

In AP it does. OP didn't specify what game, otherwise I would have suggested the Senshi too if it was AP

problem is I'm pretty sure OP has no intention of BUYING an M7M, if you take my meaning. I'm not sure how much the Senshi actually spawns.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

IConquer
x3ap

Post by IConquer » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 18:33

Imgran wrote:In AP it does. OP didn't specify what game, otherwise I would have suggested the Senshi too if it was AP

problem is I'm pretty sure OP has no intention of BUYING an M7M, if you take my meaning. I'm not sure how much the Senshi actually spawns.
I got tired of constantly specifying "AP", so I just put it in my sig. Yup, I'm playing AP.

Are you saying that the Senshi, an M7M, will sometimes spawn? Is that a Yaki M7M or pirate or something?

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 19:03

It's Yaki, and I've never played AP so I have no idea whatsoever whether it spawns or whether it doesn't. I was responding to someone who said you can buy it.

Operating under the assumption that you're not wonderfully interested in buying. You want to cap. Am I right?

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 19:06

IConquer wrote:
shaun bergin wrote:Not at al you can always buy one
I COULD. But all of my combat ships were either captured, given, or built by myself. It's a little limitation that I've been imposing on myself.
Quoted from a couple posts up. He explicitly stated he has to capture ships.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 19:12

It was honestly easy enough to figure just by the way he worded his OP. You don't exactly damage your relations with a race by buying its M7M

darth_adversor

Post by darth_adversor » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 20:17

Hemmingfish wrote:...but boarding gives surprisingly little rep loss and you can easily make it back.
^ This.
RayF wrote:'return abandon ship' missions gives you jewels like the m7m :)
That's how I got my Cobra.
The Pirates government wishes to thank you for your outstanding efforts against crime. :?

Core i5-2500k @ 4.5 . Radeon 6950 2GB . 8GB DDR3-1600 . 52" HDTV :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”