Help with mouse speed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

SpeedDaemon
x3ap

Help with mouse speed

Post by SpeedDaemon » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 22:40

Has anyone found a way to fix the ridiculously glacial mouse speed? The only solutions I've been able to find are enabling V-Sync and changing the sensitivity in Windows, and neither of those make any difference whatsoever. I still moves like a sloth on benadryl.

The game runs fine, FPS is fine, mouse is responsive and moves smoothly, just very very slowly.

This looks like such a good game, but it's currently unplayable :(

(Can't post in Tech support because it seems to need a code that the steam version doesn't come with?)

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 22:59

I find that things go a lot faster when I turn the cpu-throttling systems off. This game requires a lot more CPU power than most, and a sluggish mouse is the most obvious symptom.

So check, do you have something make your box run in 'power saving' mode?

SpeedDaemon
x3ap

Post by SpeedDaemon » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 23:28

It's not sluggish as in unresponsive, it's just like the sensitivity/speed is turned way down, and there's no way to adjust it.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 23:38

How much memory do you have and what speed is your CPU ?

Tech support just needs your game registered. Check stickies at top of that forum.
Your AP seems registered though.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 5. Aug 13, 02:21

Does the mouse move with the same speed in Windows as in the game?

What mouse is it? Logitech mice, for example, have a utility (Logitech SetPoint) that can detect individual game profiles and change the mouse settings based on each game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”