X3: AP Need help understanding the stock exchange.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dogboy122
x4

X3: AP Need help understanding the stock exchange.

Post by dogboy122 » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 05:39

So, I keep hearing people talk about how much money you can make off the stock exchanges. So I;m interested in it, but whenever I visit one, the numbers scare me away. What exactly are you supposed to do there to get credits?

Shrewd135

Re: X3: AP Need help understanding the stock exchange.

Post by Shrewd135 » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 09:53

dogboy122 wrote:So, I keep hearing people talk about how much money you can make off the stock exchanges. So I;m interested in it, but whenever I visit one, the numbers scare me away. What exactly are you supposed to do there to get credits?
Buy low and sell high...

The problem is that you cannot understand what commodities in the market actually move until you look at the exchange for a while...

Some exchanges basically never move... others move in cycles that repeat at some seta helped interval.

To start off look at the construction materials commodity in Seizewell.. it goes up and down (using seta) somewhat regularly.

myosin2p

Post by myosin2p » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 20:07

The corporate/company indexes (which are NOT localized to a sector) move around a lot more, and you can make fairly safe bets by finding any stock selling at its minimum price, and waiting until it drifts to a non-minimum price. The profit margins *might* be lower, but gains are far more predictable.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 20:17

Go to an exchange, and look at the Natural category. Preferably you have an exchange that doesn't have all numbers at 200 red or at less than 40 yellow. You should see some in the green (high 70-99) and some in the red (over 100).

Buy the ones over 100, and wait for them to go down to 70 or so (may take a while). When they are as low as you think they'll go, sell them for profit. If you miss the moment and the price goes back up, wait until it goes down again and sell then.

It's really easy. All you have to do is figure out which stocks oscillate like that, and buy at the high peak and sell at the low peak.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 23:09

Wow... Poisoned para start was a breeze with the stock xch...

Right,

Step 1 get trading system extension
Step 2 get adv sat (or any sat)
Step 3 get 10k
Step 4 find a tela stock x
Step 6 drop an adv sat outside
Step 7 buy biological something, construction something, and Terran tech something when they hit 100.
Step 8 go do missions and stuff and check the stock market remotely when you're flying around on autopilot between gates/stations.

The more adv sats you drop outside different stock markets the more stocks you'll have on the go waiting to drop their index

Step 9 once they hit around 75 sell all. The more money you make the more stocks you can buy...

Rinse and repeat.

I made my 25 mill in about one game day... Most of my time was taken up getting step 1 and 2!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 06:54

Yup.

I just used the Queen's Retribution and Grand Exchange exchanges, and yup it takes about 10 hours. You can actually focus on just the exchanges, some Naturals definitely go up and down fast enough that just two exchanges will keep your hands full. I barely did a few missions.

The real work, if you do it that fast, starts after you've gotten the Hyperion, because focusing on getting the money fast means you've neglected everything else.

So now you have a universe that's losing stations due to GoD and lack of your own automated traders to help the economy, and few other support ships such as TL's or TM's for missions, and no trained traders.

Disappeared stations can include the IBL and PBG fabs that the Yaki and pirates have, for which you have to build up standings first, and possibly look around for hack offers.

You also have a bunch of Pandora crates about to disappear based on the whims of roaming pirate NPCs that may happen upon them, and if you want to overtune other ships besides the Hyperion (say, a Deimos and Boreas), the stock exchange game did nothing to help you gain the standings to buy those ships fast.

And you've missed the fun of shooting Paranids with no repercussions at all.

I just did the Poisoned Paranid start, again, last 3 days (after work), heh.

stoudtlr
x3ap

Post by stoudtlr » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 07:18

The Kingdoms end exchange I found good at the start of my game for jump drive components. Buy as much as you can when index is over 100. Buy all of it. In about an hour of game time the index will drop to the 50's. If you are maxed on shares its over 1 mil in profits.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 07:33

Boron exchanges tend to have many things at 200 with a few dipping to 80 every now and then. Teladi Exchange typically have everything at around 1-40 with a few things rarely going to 90-101.

Thus, if you want to do something else, use Boron exchanges as you can sink your money and then just periodically check for a green total. On the other hand, for 2x as fast but 2x the effort, use the Teladi exchange, esp. the PTNI one.

Reason why: while a ware flutters uselessly between 132 and 200 on the Boron exchange, and only dips to 80 once in a while, on the PTNI exchange it will "flutter" between 40 and 90, which is totally tradeable (buy at 90, sell at 40, every time).

Jump Drive components, Terran Technology (at the bottom), the whole slew of trade wares at the top (Artefacts - Weapon Interfaces - Station Components), and the Crystals (Red and Blue go up while Yellow, Green, and Black are down, and viceversa) can keep you busy continuously with no time to move your hands off to hit the SETA button.

It's still tedious for anything beyond 25 million though. None of the Naturals let you invest more than a couple million, with a profit in the 1 million range or so. So about 1 million per tick is your income, and you can get more than 1 million per tick with 30 traders and 10 profitable factories, easily.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 09:17

@ajax

you've just scared the crap out of me...

going to soak up those pandoras now...

and make friends with pirates and yak...

and deploy some sector traders...

...and play the game god dammit!!

...damn stock x...damn you greed...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”