Ore or Teladianium (TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brownthomasw
x3ap

Ore or Teladianium (TC)

Post by brownthomasw » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 16:48

Will I make more money from ore or teladianium?

I have extra complexes for both from the hub plot and two extra cag major dealers. Two teladianium centers in paranid space do ok enough not to shut down and can train cags to buy ecells. One in Home of Light I expected to shut down but can;t bring myself to do it. I think everyone uses teladianium as a secondary resource to some extent. I can set this one universal or try to stuff it's excess product into one of the other centers, blow it up and make one of the paranid based complexes universal. The one in friars retreat is in a rough neighborhood so if they jumped all over it'd probably be safer. and then do ore. I tried to empty one by selling it without adding energy but if the seller uses jump fuel he needs energy.

I've got 2 ore clusters i don';t expect to use. I only need 1 more missile maybe 2 and plan to stick that with most the rest of them. I don't expect to double up any missiles or make factories i don't need for the hub. I hate to destroy high yield ore mines in antigone at Slave Mine alpha but ore belt has Slave Mines The Pit and i hate to close that one down. The southern one also doesn't compete for energy with my silicon based factories in Antigone like the northern mine does. I may just get rid of both ore centers and the one (or all) teladianium complex(es). Save the air, computing power, exposure to attacks and free the slaves. or start stockpiling slaves in a ts at the mines for frieghter missions. so many choices.

I think i know what i must do. Keep the pit mine make it global, close one of each tanium and ore, and set friars retreat global maybe with 2 sellers until i empty the T-plant thats going to be closed. The trinity sanctum area T-plant can stay local and train any cags. Then its crystals and microchips.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 16:59

My Teladianium plex produces a decent flow of cash, but the same cannot be said about my ore plexes. It's a bit strange considering how many NPC factories rely on ore being present without mines nearby, but there you go.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 18:22

I prefer Ore as I can construct other, larger complexes if it achieves too little profit.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 19:23

AgamemnonArgon wrote:I prefer Ore as I can construct other, larger complexes if it achieves too little profit.
It's not a question of him building new complexes. He already has those from the Hub plot, apparently, although why anyone would need to build either ore or teladianium complexes for that, I don't know. Those parts of the plot are easy to complete just by buying from the NPC's and doing a little mobile mining.

Anyway, my advice to the OP is to keep the teladianium complexes running and let them continue to earn credits. It makes no sense to blow any of them up as long as they aren't losing credits. As for the ore, use it to supply weapons, shields, missile, and other high tech complexes and rake in the cash. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Honved
x3tc

Re: Ore or Teladianium (TC)

Post by Honved » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 21:55

brownthomasw wrote:Will I make more money from ore or teladianium?
Yes.

It depends on where your factories are, and what uses that resource nearby. Ore can make a decent steady income in some places, yet will sit and gather dust in others....same for Teladianium. I've had at least one of each sitting and earning less than 100K over a week of in-game time, and others raking in a steady profit. Since then I've learned a lot more about working WITH the local economy, rather than trying to just build what I would like.

If there's a factory that uses your Ore or Teladianium, make sure it has the other resources it needs, so it can use more of your product. If all else fails, complex it with a factory that uses the resource, and sell (or use) the end product.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 22:07

I use ore and Teladianium to supplement my weapons complexes stockpiles when there local suppliers run low.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”