[X2] A m2 Can'T CARRY a TS ship ?!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Destrolly

[X2] A m2 Can'T CARRY a TS ship ?!

Post by Destrolly » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 22:49

HI there ..

I've recently bought a Paranid Oddy and ..of course i want it "geared up" with full lasers and shields . Bought a boron dolphin so i can dock stations and buy all the necessary things...but it seeems that i cannot dock the Oddy ! so...the m2 ships can't carry TS ships or is it just the oddy :-s ?! So now i'm supposed equip my destroyer by ejecting the shields and lasers from the boron and picking them up with my destroyer ? ..it's insane i tell you ! THx in advance :P

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 23:07

General gameplay question should be asked in the X-Universe forum, where I just moved your topic to.

**moved**

None of the M2s has docking possibilites for TS class ships. M2 ships are destroyers. They need all their space for weapon and shield generators and bays, crew's quarters and the like. For small supplies you can dock a few fighters (M5, M4, M3) though. For bigger supplies you need other ships in your fleet to jump in, when necessary. For that reason a Transporter Device is a good investment. You can also transfer goods by docking your Odysseus together with your Dolphin at the same station, for example at a shipyard and transferring the freight then.

You can dock TS ships to TL and M1 class ships only.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 7. Aug 13, 23:09

Get a transporter device for your carrier and beam the goods across or invest in a falcon Hauler that can carry XL cargo and dock at your Oddy.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 05:54

shaun bergin wrote:Get a transporter device for your carrier and beam the goods across or invest in a falcon Hauler that can carry XL cargo and dock at your Oddy.
>X2
>Falcon hauler

Definitely get a transporter device though, that'll let you just freight exchange in the middle of space.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 07:06

Dock them both at a Shipyard/Equipment Dock and forget the transporter device?

IIRC:-
  • M2/M6 only have external docks so can only dock fighters (M6 I think is limited to an M5).
  • M1/TL have internal docks and can dock Fighter/TS/TP/GO.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 09:13

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Dock them both at a Shipyard/Equipment Dock and forget the transporter device?
The transporter device is an incredibly useful thing to have anyway, though--for instance, if you want to top up your M2 with jumpdrive energy, the easiest way to do it is to jump in a TS containing e-cells and use the transporter device to transfer them over. If you had to find a sector with a shipyard (M2s can't dock at EQ docks in X2, IIRC) to do that transfer it would be a royal pain.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 10:29

pjknibbs wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Dock them both at a Shipyard/Equipment Dock and forget the transporter device?
The transporter device is an incredibly useful thing to have anyway, though--for instance, if you want to top up your M2 with jumpdrive energy, the easiest way to do it is to jump in a TS containing e-cells and use the transporter device to transfer them over. If you had to find a sector with a shipyard (M2s can't dock at EQ docks in X2, IIRC) to do that transfer it would be a royal pain.
The OP had recently bought the Oddy so finding a Shipyard should not be that hard. :wink:

The "forget the transporter device" part of my comment was just pointing at the lack of specific necessity for it in this instance. I agree that they are useful devices.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 11:02

As others have said, in X2, all M2s are limited to carrying a small number of fighters (be grateful - that ability was removed in X3). I used to carry a single Goner ship on the Titan that served as my flagship back then for the purpose of refueling, as I seem to remember that they had the biggest cargo bay of anything that could dock with it.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 16:19

pjknibbs wrote:
If you want to do it in the field that's the best way. If you're just doing logistics and prepping for an action, what you really want to do is have the Xenon Hub, or an Equipment Dock, or your HQ -- something that you control, you can set the ware prices at, and capitals can dock at, and then stockpile energy, missiles and whatever ammo you need, and periodically dock your ship at that stockpile.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:23

Imgran wrote:what you really want to do is have the Xenon Hub, or an Equipment Dock, or your HQ
None of which existed in X2, last time I checked...?

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 17:38

pjknibbs wrote:
Imgran wrote:what you really want to do is have the Xenon Hub, or an Equipment Dock, or your HQ
Equipment docks existed, but if I remember correctly, an M6 was the biggest ship that could dock at them.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 18:42

Baratheon79 wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
Equipment docks existed, but if I remember correctly, an M6 was the biggest ship that could dock at them.
Not player-owned ones, though. And that's what I think pjknibbs was referring to in this case.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 19:36

X2 is a heck of a cool game.

Those Destroyers are tough and fun to fly.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Destrolly

Post by Destrolly » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 22:41

Okey ..thank you all for the tips ! i think ill manage just fine . i wish you GL on credits and godspeed :P ! oh....and i allmost forgot ... this transporter device , i can buy it from the pirates or a certain race ?. im not sure where i saw it .

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 22:56

Nanook wrote: Not player-owned ones, though. And that's what I think pjknibbs was referring to in this case.
I was actually referring to the fact M2s can't dock at EQ docks in X2, but you're also quite correct that you couldn't actually own them in X2 anyway, of course!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 22:58

Destrolly wrote:Okey ..thank you all for the tips ! i think ill manage just fine . i wish you GL on credits and godspeed :P ! oh....and i allmost forgot ... this transporter device , i can buy it from the pirates or a certain race ?. im not sure where i saw it .
In X2, only the Goner Temple, I believe, unless Terracorp HQ also sells it.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Destrolly

Post by Destrolly » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 23:17

pjknibbs wrote:
Nanook wrote: Not player-owned ones, though. And that's what I think pjknibbs was referring to in this case.
I was actually referring to the fact M2s can't dock at EQ docks in X2, but you're also quite correct that you couldn't actually own them in X2 anyway, of course!
Actually u can ...in 1.4 version though

Destrolly

Post by Destrolly » Thu, 8. Aug 13, 23:18

Nanook wrote:
Destrolly wrote:Okey ..thank you all for the tips ! i think ill manage just fine . i wish you GL on credits and godspeed :P ! oh....and i allmost forgot ... this transporter device , i can buy it from the pirates or a certain race ?. im not sure where i saw it .
In X2, only the Goner Temple, I believe, unless Terracorp HQ also sells it.
Then it must be Terracorp HQ then . i was sure that i saw that somewhere ...thx a lot

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”